Love & Guns

saygoodnight

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I fell in love with .45 acp cal 1911's after I shot my boyfriends Springfield A1 Mil-Spec. Since his is a pretty silver, I wanted to find one for myself in jet black. We've been to gun shows & gun shops but I could never find anything that really fit what I had been dreaming of.

Life went on like this for a good few months & then, last night, he surprised me with this beauty

rockisland.jpg

The rubber grips are really comfortable in my hand & he gave me the lefty serpa holster I had wanted too so now I can go to the range with a gun on each hip & a long rifle on my back ^_^

A lot of my girlfriends don't understand it but for me, this gift was more sweet & romantic than 2 dozen roses & a candlelit dinner in the city <3
I can't wait to take it out & shoot it! Woohoo!!!

There is something about a well balanced 1911 and the crisp shooting of the .45 ACP that just can't be explained. My wife has fallen in love with them also and, unfortunately, compares any other gun she shoots to it. Now she is rarely happy with most other weapons except for my 1911. She does like her G23 but it is clear that it is her second favorite.

Lol! Yeah, I get that way sometimes too.. I think my M&P 9C will remain my favorite pistol for now but if they were the same calibers, all bets of favorites would be off :)

There is something about a well balanced 1911 and the crisp shooting of the .45 ACP that just can't be explained. My wife has fallen in love with them also and, unfortunately, compares any other gun she shoots to it. Now she is rarely happy with most other weapons except for my 1911. She does like her G23 but it is clear that it is her second favorite.

Theres also something about a sidearm that was ergonomically designed for human appendages. The grip angle is perfect I love it. I dont own one yet but I will after shooting a few.

the 1911 was made to be used and be ergonomic for the hand, its grip is natural to most shooters even my brother who never held a gun shot the gun properly and had good aim. that is why the 1911 is so popular even today

I'm fortunate enough to have a woman that supports and allows my habit. I'm glad that you and your boyfriend have found each other, and found a common interest that you can be excited to share with the other. The family that owns 1911s together, can cover each other. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom