Low balling

I have had several, what I consider to be, lowball offers over the years on here.
Since I live in Southeast GA, the question that I get the most on here is,"do you ever come up to the Atlanta area"?
Sometimes I just want to reply, "do you want me to drive 6 hours round trip, use $60 worth of diesel fuel and deliver it you so you can just sit your ass on your couch"? But being the nice guy that I am, I don't. lol

Just offer what it's worth to you, if it's worth more to the seller they will keep it. If anyone gets but hurt that's their problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had several, what I consider to be, lowball offers over the years on here.
Since I live in Southeast GA, the question that I get the most on here is,"do you ever come up to the Atlanta area"?
Sometimes I just want to reply, "do you want me to drive 6 hours round trip, use $60 worth of diesel fuel and deliver it you so you can just sit your ass on your couch"? But being the nice guy that I am, I don't. lol

Some folks do travel the state for job or family. A couple years ago I was very likely to be anywhere from Savannah to Dalton several times a week. Not a "low ball" type question at all.

No one lists their occupation on this site, how would someone tell a trucker from a dairy farmer? One travels, the other one can't.

Some folks do travel the state for job or family. A couple years ago I was very likely to be anywhere from Savannah to Dalton several times a week. Not a "low ball" type question at all.
No one lists their occupation on this site, how would someone tell a trucker from a dairy farmer? One travels, the other one can't.

I know. I travel a lot with work and don't mind meeting near them. I just get that question a lot since I am 3 hours away from Atlanta. It has gotten old over the years. It seems that a lot of people from up that way don't want to leave their driveway to make a deal.

Ok, not to totally derail this thread but I've seen several people say something about going to gunbroker to get the best deal, every time I go there just about everything is full MSRP!

Lowballing is definitely relative (not an incest joke) but I think asking half of an already fair price is pretty low. On the other hand good grief the prices some people think their children are worth! Just because you paid $800 for it six years ago doesn't mean it's worth that now, especially when a quick slickguns search shows you can buy it new for $700.

If I'm cutting someone pretty low from their asking price I try to send a link to show them why I think what I'm offering is a fair price.

Like this one: https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/products/handgun-sig-sauer-colma-pd-sig-p226-40-s-w

TONS of P226 out there for $400 range used. Almost all are .40.

Well at least they don't ask you to ship it to them. Me and you gotta get together maybe here in Darien or Savannah on River For drinks. If the Cotton Trading Company is still there we need to get their awesome Bloody And shrimp and grits.

Back
Top Bottom