• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Low balling

I'm new here so correct me if I'm wrong, but I just assumed that some of these prices were put out there with the expectation of negotiating down. On just the first couple of pages of handguns for sale I spotted a used Taurus 380 for sale at $225 when I can get a new one today for $160, and a used Shield 9mm for $400 when I can get a new one today for $300.

Am I wrong? Are these people really expecting to get 25% more than new prices for a used gun that is still in production?

One of the features of ODT is that you can check a poster's posting history by clicking on his name, then searching posts. You will find that a lot of those posts have been up for months, if not years. It's common knowledge that the "street price" on many guns have come down, but some people can't be bothered with updating their ad.

Also, there are a lot of people running around with one of those pesky felonies or drug charges following them around, and a 25% upcharge is just the price of doing business. Some people will pay that to get an aisle seat on a airplane, when the whole airplane gets to the same place at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom