• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Low balling

Ok, not to totally derail this thread but I've seen several people say something about going to gunbroker to get the best deal, every time I go there just about everything is full MSRP!

Lowballing is definitely relative (not an incest joke) but I think asking half of an already fair price is pretty low. On the other hand good grief the prices some people think their children are worth! Just because you paid $800 for it six years ago doesn't mean it's worth that now, especially when a quick slickguns search shows you can buy it new for $700.

If I'm cutting someone pretty low from their asking price I try to send a link to show them why I think what I'm offering is a fair price.

Like this one: https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/products/handgun-sig-sauer-colma-pd-sig-p226-40-s-w

TONS of P226 out there for $400 range used. Almost all are .40.

If you aren't in a hurry, you can get great deals on GB. You have to log in and define a custom search for what you want, and hit that search several times a day. After a few days, just search "new in the last 24 hours".

The deals are there , but you have to play the game to get them.

Make your offer and don't ask the seller to bring it to you. If you think the gun is way over priced move on.
I have offered to walk down to the curb for a few special buyers . . . .

I must be a pretty lame ODT'er. I almost never offer less than asking price on anything. Trade deals are always a negotiation. If the ask is too high, I typically move on . . .

Thanks for the info, I am going to go play with gunbroker for a while now. :hungry:

If you aren't in a hurry, you can get great deals on GB. You have to log in and define a custom search for what you want, and hit that search several times a day. After a few days, just search "new in the last 24 hours".

The deals are there , but you have to play the game to get them.

The deals are there , but you have to play the game to get them.[/QUOTE
To me GunBroker isn't a good deal most of the time. Not that many sellers have no reserve auctions and even if they do they're gonna charge between $20.00 to $45.00 for shipping to your FFL who probably gets $25.00 more. That usually makes most things on GB not a good deal.

I have offered to walk down to the curb for a few special buyers . . . .

I must be a pretty lame ODT'er. I almost never offer less than asking price on anything. Trade deals are always a negotiation. If the ask is too high, I typically move on . . .

I'm burnt out on these rants. I'm taking my low hanging balls and going home.

I have had several, what I consider to be, lowball offers over the years on here.
Since I live in Southeast GA, the question that I get the most on here is,"do you ever come up to the Atlanta area"?
Sometimes I just want to reply, "do you want me to drive 6 hours round trip, use $60 worth of diesel fuel and deliver it you so you can just sit your ass on your couch"? But being the nice guy that I am, I don't. lol
I remember those days. Apparently now I'm minutes from everywhere and people still wish I was closer...

Ive never made a offer or tried to put a price on another mans Item in my life.
(houses/cars/guns or anything else)
Its something my Grandfather taught me..

ask a man for his lowest price?..yes
If its more than Im willing to pay?..i simply say no thanks and walk
if they are willing to deal you will hear them say.."Why?..what will you give for it?
I then tell them its not mine to price..whats the least you will take today?

When they give me the next price I either buy/walk..
I always thank them and tell them have a nice day..

often I will leave my name/number and tell them if they get ready to cut the price give me a call..
When theyhit on a number that works for me.. I buy.

Its just a gentlemans way of doing business..

Ive never made a offer or tried to put a price on another mans Item in my life.
(houses/cars/guns or anything else)
Its something my Grandfather taught me..

ask a man for his lowest price?..yes
If its more than Im willing to pay?..i simply say no thanks and walk
if they are willing to deal you will hear them say.."Why?..what will you give for it?
I then tell them its not mine to price..whats the least you will take today?

When they give me the next price I either buy/walk..
I always thank them and tell them have a nice day..

often I will leave my name/number and tell them if they get ready to cut the price give me a call..
When theyhit on a number that works for me.. I buy.

Its just a gentlemans way of doing business..

Wow!

Back
Top Bottom