• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lower build

Wayne 66

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm in the Savannah area and need to build a lower. I picked up a Larue Ultimate Upper kit and it's assembled. However, the lower is not. I've never actually built one and would hate to practice on this one. I'm very good at demolition but not so good at building.

So my question is this, any suggestions on a local gunsmith or anyone want to have a " build " party ? Have a buddy whose offered but he's been known to pull out a dremel tool with his builds and has screwed up a few. I'd rather not do THAT !!!

So, if anyone has suggestions, send them my way please.

Thanks

I’m about 4 hours away but if you want to rent me and wife a room for weekend at cotton sales!I’ll be happy put it together for you! Lol! Should be someone close to you that would help you out! If you get up this way I’d be happy put together for you!

They're no hard to build . The 1st one is the worst one :)

Make mistakes assembling the first one ,learn from them and the next is easier .

There are some good guys here that are top notch !

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the input. As far as the dremel mentioned by a poster, absolutely !!! It was he that used one and screwed it up. And that's exactly why he's NOT building mine LOL

Lots of great how-to videos on YouTube. It ain’t rocket surgery.
Watch several different ones, pick one that seems the best, sit down and do it.
Just make sure you’ve got a few extra takedown/pivot detents and springs before you start. You’re gonna launch some and they will never be seen again!

Back
Top Bottom