• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M 1 Garand

Farmer 2

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
27   0
Reaction score
I had the honor to shoot a M1 today talk about a thrill. It is a 1942 model a friend bought. I know some people have bad views on firearms and guys and gals like us but we also preserve history. When I held that rifle thoughts of D-day ,the battle of the bulge, Iwo Jima and all the battles the G I s carried these weapons crossed my mind. I had to stop and say a prayer of thanks Now I want one I understand why Gen Patton said it was the greatest weapon ever made Any way thanks to all of you who collect and preserve these firearms.

I had the honor to shoot a M1 today talk about a thrill. It is a 1942 model a friend bought. I know some people have bad views on firearms and guys and gals like us but we also preserve history. When I held that rifle thoughts of D-day ,the battle of the bulge, Iwo Jima and all the battles the G I s carried these weapons crossed my mind. I had to stop and say a prayer of thanks Now I want one I understand why Gen Patton said it was the greatest weapon ever made Any way thanks to all of you who collect and preserve these firearms.
Amazing engineering, especially for the 1920's. Garand was a genius.

take a trip over to the Talladega CMP in Alabama, cheapest place to buy a M1 Garand

Don't forget those guys also had to haul those beasts around everywhere they went.

Back
Top Bottom