• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P 45 TB problems

Buckeye76

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
I bought a threaded barrel awhile back for my M&P 45 full size. I just got around to swapping my barrels and found that it gets stuck when I try and rack the slide.

It's a s&w barrel. I figured it wouldn't need any work. I can't tell exactly where it is binding, but it looks like it happens at the muzzle end and not inside the slide.

Anyone have any experience with this?

No, but I thought about doing this. In fact I just got a Sig .357 barrel for one of my M&P's made by S&W. Hopefully, that won't pose any problems.

I would contact S&W Customer Service. They're pretty fast to respond in my experience.

I bought a threaded barrel awhile back for my M&P 45 full size. I just got around to swapping my barrels and found that it gets stuck when I try and rack the slide.

It's a s&w barrel. I figured it wouldn't need any work. I can't tell exactly where it is binding, but it looks like it happens at the muzzle end and not inside the slide.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Take the slide off and run it through manually, does it do the same thing? How does the profile of each compare side by side?

How stuck? Ive had some stiff barrels that just needed running to lap them in. If it locks into battery, Id lube everything up good, including the barrel OD and run a box of ammo through it.

Take the slide off and run it through manually, does it do the same thing? How does the profile of each compare side by side?

I did try this. Once you start pushing the barrel forward, it binds after it moves about a half an inch. I ran the barrel through from the muzzle end and it fits through the hole. I also stuck it in backwards to check the fit in the slide and that seems fine. I think it's more of a cant problem?

I did try this. Once you start pushing the barrel forward, it binds after it moves about a half an inch. I ran the barrel through from the muzzle end and it fits through the hole. I also stuck it in backwards to check the fit in the slide and that seems fine. I think it's more of a cant problem?

How about a pic of the barrels side by side?

20160619_181956.jpg
20160619_182021.jpg
20160619_182050.jpg
20160619_182100.jpg
20160619_182150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom