m&p 9 vs glock 9 ??

glocks are the ak47 of pistols.throw them in a mud hole,run over them with a truck, and when you pick it up it's gonna go bang,you can't make it not shoot.

Woop woop woop fanboy alert, fanboy alert.....be prepared to hear how Glock is the only pistol in the world and all else suck....woop woop woop

glocks are the ak47 of pistols.throw them in a mud hole,run over them with a truck, and when you pick it up it's gonna go bang,you can't make it not shoot.

Well...that kind of kills the " Factory is right down the street thingy "...

Glocks juntion great, but so do M&P's......I have never needed any factory support for any of my M&P's but if I ever do I'm sure S&W will do just fine in takeing care of Them. Never owned a Glock, just don't fit my hand well and I don't shoot them as well either.

Glocks are made in Smyrna Georgia and employ about 200 red blooded Americans. BTW, I have both and love both.

I believe Glock Smyrna only makes certain parts and for only certain Glocks. I also found this on another forum:

"The pistols are manufactured in Austria, and assembled into the final product in Smyrna, Georgia. The main reason for this is the Tennifer finish Glock applies to their pistols. It is banned from being applied here because of EPA restrictions. So Glock manufactures most of the parts in Austria, (except for springs and such), then ships the parts to their facility here for final assembly, packaging, and shipment out to various distributors nationwide."

So, Glocks aren't totally US made.

I believe Glock Smyrna only makes certain parts and for only certain Glocks. I also found this on another forum:

"The pistols are manufactured in Austria, and assembled into the final product in Smyrna, Georgia. The main reason for this is the Tennifer finish Glock applies to their pistols. It is banned from being applied here because of EPA restrictions. So Glock manufactures most of the parts in Austria, (except for springs and such), then ships the parts to their facility here for final assembly, packaging, and shipment out to various distributors nationwide
So, Glocks aren't totally US made.

I don't believe that this is correct. I toured the plant personally and I am almost certain that I saw every part that gun being produced in Smyrna. Despite that technicality, they do employ over 200 people in Georgia and plan to expand and add more jobs. Tennifer or tomato juice, I don't care. They make our community in Georgia a better place. Go Glock!

Up until Glock was simply an importer. I don't doubt you saw Glock making parts, there's quite a f spare/replacement parts. However, look at nearly any glock, it will say "made in Austria" although some say made in USA and have USA on the slide.

Back
Top Bottom