• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P Shield First Range Visit

patriotpower

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
233   0
Reaction score
I took the new Shield in 40 S&W to the range today for first shots. Indoors at 7 yards. 50 rounds of Federal 165gr FMJ and 7 rounds of Hornady 165gr FTX. 6 round and 7 round with extention. I am no pro by any means. I shoot a box of 50 about every 2-4 weeks on average.

Shield first shots.jpg

The top shots by the 8 ring are the last 7 shots fired. They where the Hornady SD rounds. The shots around the bull are the 50 FMJ. As you can see it took me about a mag and a half to get used to the trigger, but after that it was 1 ragged hole. Although just left of point of aim. Not sure if it was me or the front sight. If you look real close it appears to be set to far right in the dove tail. Either way not a bad shooter. I should also mention that about 8-12 rounds were 2 round rapid fire strings with mag swaps between.

As far as 40 rather than 9mm. I snaps a little, but that can be tempered with ammo selection. The pistol weights as much as a baby Glock. That helps. The Hornady actually recoiled less than the FMJ ammo.

Also picked up a Comp tac Infadel for it. Not bad. I'd suggest a little more cant to help with the shirt hang up issue I mentioned in my first post on this pistol.

Jury is still out on weather or not it's a keeper. I like it so far, but if the grip keeps hanging up my shirt it will be back to the Glock. Will I ever learn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom