• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine help…

CCW

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Original Recipe.
455   1
Reaction score
Needing some help from the M1 gurus. What can you tell me about this rifle from these pictures? This was a friend of mine‘s grandfather‘s service weapon around 1943.

Attachments

• IMG_9543.jpeg
    IMG_9543.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9546.jpeg
    IMG_9546.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9547.jpeg
    IMG_9547.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9544.jpeg
    IMG_9544.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9548.jpeg
    IMG_9548.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9549.jpeg
    IMG_9549.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 52
Most likely a old DCM purchase rifle rather than a wartime bring back.

I would think it a typical US arsenal rebuild as most are.

Looks like a very nice rifle, you`ll need much more detailed photos of all the parts to get an accurate estimate of value.
The value and collector interest can vary depending upon the various parts sub contractors.

Springfield. Has Quality Hardware receiver.
Carbines are going for crazy stupid prices these days. Several years ago it would probably sell for around $800-$900 but today based on Gunbroker sales around $1,500-$2000. Glad I got mine when they were more affordable.

What part is Springfield?

IMG_20210403_120309.jpg
IMG_20210403_120350.jpg

Needing some help from the M1 gurus. What can you tell me about this rifle from these pictures? This was a friend of mine‘s grandfather‘s service weapon around 1943.

There is a Stamp on just about every part and any pictures of those would tell a story.
YouTube and Google will help you locate them then post pictures of them.
Also at the end of the barrel near the Front sight is a 2 dight Date and sometimes a Manufacturer with the Flaming Bomb Stamped on the end of the barrel that would be helpful as well to determine if it is a Bring back (Rare but Maybe) or just an old DCM gun (Both are Valuable).
BTW nice stamp on the Stock but would need a closeup to see if real or a restamp.

There is a Stamp on just about every part and any pictures of those would tell a story.
YouTube and Google will help you locate them then post pictures of them.
Also at the end of the barrel near the Front sight is a 2 dight Date and sometimes a Manufacturer with the Flaming Bomb Stamped on the end of the barrel that would be helpful as well to determine if it is a Bring back (Rare but Maybe) or just an old DCM gun (Both are Valuable).
BTW nice stamp on the Stock but would need a closeup to see if real or a restamp.

Great advice from Will...certainly need better pictures to know for sure. Value is determined by maker of parts, bore condition, and whether or not there's an importer's mark under the barrel or somewhere else.

That is a nice stamp on the stock....looks almost new

A quality hardware m1 carbine mixmaster with usgi parts will still bring 1100-1200 or so locally, 1400-ish on nat'l auction sites.....I'll bet she's a great shooter

Back
Top Bottom