• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine help…

It looks to have been re arsenaled at some time, as it has a bayonet lug and a later rear sight on it.

But it looks to still have the push button safety, which was original. Looks to be a mixmaster of parts, as will4me will4me and alleycat alleycat brought up. Part markings will tell the whole story.

S/N on the receiver can place date of manufacture.

There is a Stamp on just about every part and any pictures of those would tell a story.
YouTube and Google will help you locate them then post pictures of them.
Also at the end of the barrel near the Front sight is a 2 dight Date and sometimes a Manufacturer with the Flaming Bomb Stamped on the end of the barrel that would be helpful as well to determine if it is a Bring back (Rare but Maybe) or just an old DCM gun (Both are Valuable).
BTW nice stamp on the Stock but would need a closeup to see if real or a restamp.
That crossed cannon stamp on the right side of the buttstock looks like an add-on from somebody with a stamp. There doesn't appear to be an original cartouche acceptance stamp on the left side above the trigger assembly - odd, and no picture of acceptance P stamp on butt handle, and no re-arsenal stamp if it was a rebuild. None of the other pictures are close, lit or clear enough to tell or not. Can't tell if it's high wood or low wood, I-Hole or not, for example I've have had several carbines and I wouldn't put this in the $1000+ range for sure.

Back
Top Bottom