• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine info

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to, I have decided to leave the firearm with my step-mother, who’s father left the firearms to me in his will 24 years ago (was never in a rush to bring them home, the carbine in question never left her home, so me stating I had it was to simplify I was in possession to take pictures, and that is all) and informed her of the legality behind it. Like I said, I have a 4 month old and am a current member of my county’s grand jury and hear about stupid **** like this once a month. I wish to have no part in it. No paperwork was signed of me taking ownership of said firearm, not even sure how that would be written, so therefore when the term “I” was used, it was to simplify the post instead of using a long backstory.

So, you're leaving her to hold the baby! :)

I mean, realistically, you could probably contact the local cop shop and tell them that as a bequest, you were left a firearm which you wish to surrender, or they can collect. I don't anticipate you're liklely to have much in the way of trouble.

I presume that as a member of the county's grand jury, you have a reputation as a responsible and law-abiding citizen. That's likely to have an impact too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom