• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Carbine info

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own, but I prefer the ungoverned route. No sense in destroying history over an arbitrary law that I didn't vote for in the first place. I wouldn't parade the rifle around, but I wouldn't be scared to own it.
Enforcement of most malum prohibitum law is a really ****ty thing to do.

Especially in a case like this where someone filed off a serial number. If it was proven to be stolen, then prosecute away.

(I am NOT saying the OP or anyone related to him stole this carbine.)

I'd tear it down, sell the parts and destroy the receiver. Maybe turn in the receiver to be destroyed if you can get to where cmshoot works.
I did that to a beautiful M1 Garand that I bought many years ago. Some idiot had taken a file or sander or something to the serial number and defaced it. I tore the thing down and sold most of the parts on ebay. I cut the end of the receiver off, where the SN# was supposed to be, and got rid of that end. I still have the cut receiver as a paper weight

You are the exception rather than the rule?

In 30 years of law enforcement, and the vast number of LEO's I've met from local/county/state/Federal, I would state that is not the case.

The ones that abuse their authority, and go out of their way to jam up good folks trying to do the right thing, are the exception, rather than the rule.

In 30 years of law enforcement, and the vast number of LEO's I've met from local/county/state/Federal, I would state that is not the case.

The ones that abuse their authority, and go out of their way to jam up good folks trying to do the right thing, are the exception, rather than the rule.

You've got to concede that the prudent gun owner does have to at least consider that he might be unlucky enough to end up having to deal with those exceptions to the rule, though.

Or an otherwise reasonable law enforcement officer who is directed to act by a superior who is one of those exceptions to the rule.

You've got to concede that the prudent gun owner does have to at least consider that he might be unlucky enough to end up having to deal with those exceptions to the rule, though.

Or an otherwise reasonable law enforcement officer who is directed to act by a superior who is one of those exceptions to the rule.

At this point, turning it in his OP’s safest bet.

He can’t plead ignorance, and he’s been advised of the State and Federal laws. Which situation do you think has the best chance of a positive outcome for him ?:

1. He voluntarily turns it in

2. He’s caught with it

At least one LEO has seen this post so far. I wouldn’t wanna risk felony charges on the chance that I’m the only one that’s seen this.

Deleting posts and comments won’t get rid of them. Once it’s posted on the internet, it’s always here. A forensic technician can pull all that stuff right back up. It does make it more difficult, but still readily viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom