M1 Carbine info

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajeep1997

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
11   0
Reaction score
Not 100% I’m posting this is the right place but I am seeking a professional on M1 carbines that can provide some insight to what I have. I’ve searched online with to no prevail.

I do know that it was made be General Motors and Inland - stamped on the barrel.

5 mags total

Attachments

• IMG_7928.jpeg
    IMG_7928.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7610.jpeg
    IMG_7610.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7609.jpeg
    IMG_7609.jpeg
    602.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7608.jpeg
    IMG_7608.jpeg
    596.1 KB · Views: 72
Gonna Need all the 2 and 3 letter codes off all the parts...
What are the letters stamped in the slingwell indentation on the stock.???
Also the inside edge of the handguard wood.
What is the receiver serial # and the date on the barrel
Probably need to buy the book on M1 Carbines by Craig Riesch... cheapest decent alternative to understand all that you Gotta look for all the data and how complicated it is to understand what you have ...

Probably need to buy the book on M1 Carbines by Craig Riesch... cheapest decent alternative to understand all that you Gotta look for all the data and how complicated it is to understand what you have ...
If that's an "I" cut early Winchester stock and it's been sanded I'm going to be sick. And it ain't even my carbine.

Even if it's an early Inland I cut stock, still......

Inland was a division of General Motors. Does it say Inland on both the barrel and the receiver? What is the barrel Date? Does it have an import mark stamped on the gun anywhere? Is there a stamp in the wood in the rear sling cut out and if so what are the letters? To me it looks like non molested early gun that is somewhat beat up.

Inland was a division of General Motors. Does it say Inland on both the barrel and the receiver? What is the barrel Date? Does it have an import mark stamped on the gun anywhere? Is there a stamp in the wood in the rear sling cut out and if so what are the letters? To me it looks like non molested early gun that is somewhat beat up.
IDK, that white disk attached to the bottom of the grip is a concern.

The sad part is the SN on top has been removed, I inherited this and many other firearms that have been locked away for 30+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom