• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M91 disassembly tips/having trouble

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Just picked up a Finnish m91 and can disassemble everything just as I would my m91/30 with the exception of the rear barrel band without significantly gouging the lower stock. Any tips or directions on removing would be greatly appreciated. Trying to do a full deep clean seeing as the previous owner didn't clean it aside from removing some of the Cosmo to fire it. I'm don't believe the barrel bands come apart either but I could just not be trying enough seems like they were screwed in then riveted
image.jpg

The bands on a M91 act as a clamp/screw setup. If I'm thinking correctly you need to turn the screw clockwise until it stops. Then the band will "un-clamp". Or vice versa.

If you can't get it to budge I'd leave it be. Just be gentle with it you have a valuable piece of history.

Hope this helps.

The bands on a M91 act as a clamp/screw setup. If I'm thinking correctly you need to turn the screw clockwise until it stops. Then the band will "un-clamp". Or vice versa.

If you can't get it to budge I'd leave it be. Just be gentle with it you have a valuable piece of history.

Hope this helps.

That's excellent advice...

Thanks for the advice guys, always appreciate input from others. Well got the front band off and in-seized the rear band but all the way open its still too small...looking closer the bottom stock is actually tapered past the rear band so I can't remove it without gouging the stock so I decided to leave it. Really hate that I can't clean the 70+ years of crud off the underside cause after cleaning the rest it's in beautiful shape with no rust or pitting just had a lot to clean off.

Back
Top Bottom