Machinist/machine shop

Glad you found someone local.

For anyone else on the southside, Scotts is my go to. We’ve been taking our stuff to him since the early 90’s. Never had anything come back out of spec.

Yeah sniper22 sniper22 - how did things workout ? Who did you use ? All that stuff
The guy is Jason Lowe. His he just opened a new shop in Cartersville. He was the machinist at napa/quality parts back in the 80s-90s then went to work for a arca race team. The owner crashed and it scared him enough to stop racing so Jason got in construction till not long ago.
He's got a toyota 4.7 that started as decking and honing but now is just going to build it to a long block. I took him the head off the honda odyssey (one side slipped a few teeth and the valves touched the pistons) I'm hoping it will just need valves and the cam is still good..

The pilot is waiting it's turn to get the rod bearings installed and new oil pump. Since I'm not pulling the engine, I'm not sure if I'm going to try and do the main bearings since it would require loosening way more than I'm comfortable doing.

Needed a cylinder head repaired couple years back for my little 3cyl Kubota. Ran the rascal hot and cracked the head between #2-3 cyl. The crack was between the exhaust valve and injector. Years ago it was a common practice to repair a crack either by drilling and pinning or extreme heat and weld. Different shops did different ways. I called every “so called” machine shop I could find and all said throw it away and buy new. I don’t play that game unless it’s the only option. Finally, called Automotive Precision Machinery in Forest Park and the guy said bring it too me and let me see it, I feel sure I can repair it. Did just that. Dropped it off and he called me 3 days later and said it’s ready. Pinned the crack, complete valve job and resurfacing. $250.00
Like I posted earlier, dying trade.

Needed a cylinder head repaired couple years back for my little 3cyl Kubota. Ran the rascal hot and cracked the head between #2-3 cyl. The crack was between the exhaust valve and injector. Years ago it was a common practice to repair a crack either by drilling and pinning or extreme heat and weld. Different shops did different ways. I called every “so called” machine shop I could find and all said throw it away and buy new. I don’t play that game unless it’s the only option. Finally, called Automotive Precision Machinery in Forest Park and the guy said bring it too me and let me see it, I feel sure I can repair it. Did just that. Dropped it off and he called me 3 days later and said it’s ready. Pinned the crack, complete valve job and resurfacing. $250.00
Like I posted earlier, dying trade.
I think the reason this guy got back in business is because there's no one else around here doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom