Macon folks: which hotel is in a safer area?

backbeat57

Default rank <50 posts Lifetime Supporter
Outdoorsman
8   0
Reaction score
Hey Macon folks,

I have a family member staying in Macon for a night or two at an event close to I-475 and Zebulon Rd. The event planners have discount rooms at the following two hotels. Which one is in a safer area? Or are both areas ok?

Comfort Suites
120 Plantation Inn Drive
Macon GA 31210

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Macon West
4970 Harrison Road
Macon GA 31206

I'd pick the Plantation Dr hotel. More commercial. Leave NOTHING IN VIEW INSIDE the vehicle. NOTHING!

Back into a parking spot so an out of state plate is not easily seen.

Head on a swivel at all times (not just after dusk.)

Expect NO, ZERO, NADA assistance or help from Bibb Co. Sheriff's Office. Deal with any problems yourself.

Hey Macon folks,

I have a family member staying in Macon for a night or two at an event close to I-475 and Zebulon Rd. The event planners have discount rooms at the following two hotels. Which one is in a safer area? Or are both areas ok?

Comfort Suites
120 Plantation Inn Drive
Macon GA 31210

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Macon West
4970 Harrison Road
Macon GA 31206
Do NOT under any circumstances stay or even drive through the Harrison Rd area! Seriously that's one of the worst places in all of Bibb Co. Zebulon Rd is okay and most Macon folks consider it the good part of town. But it's not great by any means. Go south to the main Byron exit or north Bibb right at the Monroe Co line along I75.
Avoid even getting off the interstate most anywhere along 475. The Eisenhower/US 80 exit is horrible and so is Thomaston Rd after it. There are literally 10K motel rooms available along those exits but it ain't nowhere you wanna be.

Back
Top Bottom