• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Major Change to Classifieds!

I like it. Is there any way to add a repost function? One nice thing about the old setup is that it was a simple cut/paste to repost where as this would take a little more effort. It should be pretty simple to code the repost function to automatically check for the 3 day rule as well. Obviously not a big deal, but just a suggestion

Ok guys, don't flip out because I said change! :D

We now have a new form for creating a classifieds ad!

The only thing that has changed is the way you create an ad, everything else is the same.

Here are the main changes in creating an ad:
  • The new form requires a price or a trade value. If you don't enter at least one of those it will not let you create the ad.
  • There is a very easy picture uploader built-in to the form.
  • The form now requires a specific location, like county, city, or zip code.
  • Thread titles will automatically have FS, FT, or FS/FT in them so you can easily tell if an item is for sale, for trade, or both!
  • There is now a box for putting in keywords or tags for your item. This will help people when searching for your item. You just put things like the model, manufacturer, caliber, etc.
  • When finished, it creates your listing for you in a specific format, so now you can easily navigate people's listings and clearly see the price, location, etc.
The new form can be accessed by clicking "Post an Ad!" at the top of the screen or by clicking "Post New Thread" in any of the classifieds forums.

Note: This form only works for Georgia Classifieds. All want to buy ads and National Classifieds will have to be done the old fashioned way.

This should make the classifieds much easier to peruse and should fix a lot of the gripes we get around here, and also reduce the workload on the mods.

This creates some order without taking away the fun of our classifieds. You can still have funny descriptions and titles, and people can still respond to listings just like before.

Let me know your comments and questions in this thread.

Hope you guys like it!

lol, nice avatar.

LOVE! the new layout, very neat and clean. Thanks Steve :)

I like it. Is there any way to add a repost function? One nice thing about the old setup is that it was a simple cut/paste to repost where as this would take a little more effort. It should be pretty simple to code the repost function to automatically check for the 3 day rule as well. Obviously not a big deal, but just a suggestion
Good suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom