• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man, I'm wanting one of these....

The more it costs the more you SHOULD carry it. It's a Wilson so you're getting top of the line stuff. Glock reliability in a 1911 format with a company that stands behind their product forever. Pretty much the best of everything on these pistols. They have gone up in cost over the past few years sadly. Love the quality and workmanship of all of the top tier 1911 builders (Wilson, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, ect...).

The more it costs the more you SHOULD carry it. It's a Wilson so you're getting top of the line stuff. Glock reliability in a 1911 format with a company that stands behind their product forever. Pretty much the best of everything on these pistols. They have gone up in cost over the past few years sadly. Love the quality and workmanship of all of the top tier 1911 builders (Wilson, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, ect...).

I agree with this. The reliability factor for carrying it is a good one. Plus, makes an awesome OC weapon for BBQ's!

I think for the money I would get a Dan Wesson Discretion 9mm and a lot of ammo and training.
Dan Wesson is great also. I've owned them all and DW is super nice also BUT until you've spent quality time with both you won't see the real difference. To some that may not matter to some it does. It's a personal thing just like the Ferrari or a Honda argument.

That crosshatching pattern looks like crap !

It's definitely a personal taste! Keeps the cost down vs checkering (yes, it could be MORE expensive!) and provides very good traction, but the aesthetics ain't for everyone. Compared to checkering, it's quick n' easy to do with a mill.....no hand work. Wilson featured that texture patterning on their X-TAC 1911. I've shot and handled it, feels good.

Held and played with one at the Wilson booth and it was amazing, as are all Wilsons. I wasn't all that impressed with the new FN or Springfield pistols. FN sure was generous with giving them away though. I was impressed with that Hudson pistol though. Really nice trigger. His wife seemed to know more about the gun than he did, lol.

Back
Top Bottom