• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man pulls knife on woman in broad daylight at Southern Polytechnic campus in Marietta

Two weeks ago a girl at my school was robbed at gun point. Clearly he didn't know about the no guns on campus law. This was the email:

Dear Students: Earlier today, an armed robbery occurred on the Ai Atlanta campus in the parking garage. The Sandy Springs Police were notified and are investigating. We will cooperate with their investigation. Your safety is very important to us. If you have any information that may be of assistance in this investigation, please contact the Sandy Springs Police at 770-730-5600 or contact Michael Dixon, Dean of Student Affairs, at 770-689-4908.

Newton Myvett,
President
The Art Institute of Atlanta

Look what that Pseudo College for chiropractors next door to Southern Poly did, they fired the police department and got unarmed security guards. Then they passed the word to all the employees and students warning them they couldn't carry on campus even with a carry permit. But everybody's safe because they put a call box with a blue light in the parking lot.

Security guards is actually a good thing- you could CC and if you ever got had, just bounce before the cops get there! No cops= no detainment. Could the cops really arrest you over what someone said you did? No hard evidence.

I have become skeptical of all the reports lately about women hiking on trails, who yell and the guy runs away, or women who haven't finished their homework and don't think "the dog ate my homework" will work, so they get the campus locked down so class is cancelled. I'll believe blood & bruises, not much else.

Sometimes you have to ignore the policies in order to protect yourself.

Don't ask don't tell.

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Don't want to end up a victim to and fro a certain place just because of a stupid anti gun policy designed only to make legislators feel good about themselves all while giving criminals easy targets.

Last edited:
Lmao, I went to Georgia Highlands on Southern Poly for two years... ghetto as hell. Ugh. Were any of you guys there when the lockdown happened due to the armored car robbery? 2010 or 2011, I think it was.

And in all seriousness, anyone can concealed carry on campus that wants to. Just keep your damn backpack shut and next to you. How often do people ruffle through your bookbag?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom