• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Marijuana and Violence study

Out of 190 MILLION users they dig up 15 cases of violence when someone was high. Sounds lethal
Those are 15 examples.

"These are among the many nationally reported violent cases that have, among others factors, a common root to what led these young people to commit acts of violence at the detriment to society as a whole: the extensive use or abuse of marijuana.

I've noticed a shocking percentage of violent crimes contain in the report "additional charges included.... "possession of marijuana......" But no one ever comments on that.

Having said that, I've personally never known a stoner I considered unusually violent. But then again, I've never met a face eater.

Where are 190 million buying this violent plant? Asking for a friend
large_starbuds.png

Ask your local Budista for recommendations.....

99% of the violence associated with marijuana is directly related to the prohibition of it.

Associating violence with the effects of the drug itself is ignorance at the highest level possible.

Alcohol will often make an otherwise peaceful person engage in violence, we all know that, it's one of it's most common negative consequences

Jazz cabbage? No way :lol: it's honestly laughable.

Sure, there are lots of thugs and otherwise violent people who use marijuana. And they may commit violence while high.

But suggesting the marijuana high leads people to violence just shows a level of ignorance only the government could come up with.

Those are 15 examples.

"These are among the many nationally reported violent cases that have, among others factors, a common root to what led these young people to commit acts of violence at the detriment to society as a whole: the extensive use or abuse of marijuana.

I've noticed a shocking percentage of violent crimes contain in the report "additional charges included.... "possession of marijuana......" But no one ever comments on that.

Having said that, I've personally never known a stoner I considered unusually violent. But then again, I've never met a face eater.
The use is so wide spread that when these crimes are committed you probably would have never known if pot was there or not unless you looked for it. I know people that smoke and you would NEVER know. It would just be one of those things if leo were called for something else and find pot. I have been I smoker for over 30 years and have never seen or heard of a violent act done over pot unless it was over money for pot. Even then it would have to be a lot of money involved before violence enters the situation.

The use is so wide spread that when these crimes are committed you probably would have never known if pot was there or not unless you looked for it. I know people that smoke and you would NEVER know. It would just be one of those things if leo were called for something else and find pot. I have been I smoker for over 30 years and have never seen or heard of a violent act done over pot unless it was over money for pot. Even then it would have to be a lot of money involved before violence enters the situation.
So you're saying the violence is under reported? I agree. I'm sure in newspaper articles they tend to not bother mentioning it more since as you point out, it's so common.

Weed interferes with impulse control, same as alcohol, and it’s the reduced impulse control that increases the likelihood of violence. It ain’t rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom