• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massive bridge in Baltimore collapsed after being struck.

What a nightmare...
Seems strange those sections aren't independently supported... when one went down, they were all doomed to fall, like a house of cards... Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I wouldn't want to be dealt that hand...:pray2:
Yeah I was wondering. Only thing I can think of is it was currently under construction at the time, so maybe structural integrity was already compromised?

It may take putting a local “Harbor Pilot” on board all ships entering ALL harbors such as they do on cruise ships. I feel sad for all involved. 🥲
Yeah I'm curious why there wasn't one, at least that we can tell. I thought that was pretty standard procedure for cargo ships as well in most ports.

It may take putting a local “Harbor Pilot” on board all ships entering ALL harbors such as they do on cruise ships. I feel sad for all involved. 🥲,,
They have said the captains on board worked that bay all the time. The Videos on youtube look like they were trying to correct themselves and had the port engine in reverse maybe? the port stack is pouring black smoke.

Back
Top Bottom