• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mathews no cam htr question

Glockmania

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
177   0
Reaction score
Does anyone on here hunt with a mathews no cam if so what type of arrows do you use/recommend? Is there a big difference between the 65% let off and the 85%? Any info on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Did you mean "Solo Cam"? If yes then yes, I use a Mathews Switchback and I shoot Easton small diameter carbon arrows. The small diameter carbon shafts don't seem to be affected by winds as much as bigger diameter shafts and they're very accurate. I like Magnus Stinger 2 blade and G5 3 blade broadheads in 100gr. Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the let off. Mine is 85% let off, you can hold it at full draw a little longer than 65% if you're having to wait for a clear shot.

Check it out its a really nice bow.

http://mathewsinc.com/product/htr/
Thanks man, I'll definitely do that.

I have heard nothing but good things about the switchback.
I got the first one sold in Newnan/Coweta County when they first hit the market in 2006. Had a former world champion archer teach me how to shoot it and I've been happy with it ever since then. 27" draw @ 60lbs, it only shoots about 240 fps but I can keep my arrows inside a 6" bullseye at 50yds. Not too bad for an old guy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom