• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maybe a new Lanier record

I am skeptical of this.Trouts dont raise in Lanier and unless DNR dropped that big boy in there,well ya know.
I'm with @Spacelord on this. I bet it's bait from a few years ago. My buddy caught a 5lb rainbow at Victoria Harbor marina on Allatoona of all places. With as deep as Lanier is, I don't see why a trout couldn't survive once it's there.

I remember years ago fishing in Alatoona somewhere near Red Top Mountain, we were actually out in the parking lot catching crappie at night under one the pole lights. Lake was way out of the banks during that period........

back in the days before stripers were introduced into Lanier the dnr stocked trout on a regular basis. back in the early 80s I caught 4 to 5 pounders fishing deep near the dam. Congrats to the young lady, thats a big rainbow!!

Great catch
Looks like a native brown. Could’ve been flushed down due to the recent rains. The launch at Hwy 52 is under water. You would have to launch 20 yards off the highway into the parking lot right now.
No its a Rainbow and the only native trout to ga is a Brook Trout alot of the hillbilly call them Specks

Once upon a time the DNR Stocked alot of trout into Lanier and several other North GA lakes back then they had 14 inch size limit on those fish. They still stock alot Trout Into Lake Burton

We would catch trout after the stocking program ended and they would have no color.Her fish has brilliant color and a hooked jaw of a spawning male

We would catch trout after the stocking program ended and they would have no color.Her fish has brilliant color and a hooked jaw of a spawning male
Well u can tell fish been in the lake awhile and Stockers even color up when put into a natural habitat in short while

Back
Top Bottom