• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mec-Gar +2 extensions for regular factory P229-1 mags?

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if Mec-gar makes a +2 extension that will work with the standard P229-1 mags? I have a number of their +2 mags and if you take them apart the extension seems to fit the regular sig mag fine but it looks like the springs are different lengths. They are off by 1 full coil. If you know where to buy ones that you know work please let me know, post a link, etc ...

I have a bunch of the 17rd +2 extension mags that mec-gar makes. That's what I was curious if they just sold the extension for the regular sig mags.

If I take the extension off/spring out of the mec-gar mag it fits and functions on the sig mag body perfectly.

I have some SIG factory P229 magazines with +2 base plates that I use in my duty gun. They are unmarked and were purchased as a complete unit (magazine with extended baseplate installed) directly from SIG.

MEC-GAR makes a +2 baseplate like you are inquiring about, but I have not used them. http://www.topgunsupply.com/mec-gar-p229-.40-.357-14rd-extended-magazine-afc.html

Back
Top Bottom