Mega Arms stripped AR upper $55.99 at Brownells

I’m headed to my LGS after work today to pick up the forged AR15 lower and billet .308 lower that I ordered from JSE Surplus last week.
:becky:

Similar situation for me. Heading later today to pickup 3 Mega Arms forged Gator lowers from J&G, for my uppers above, and my Mega Arms MATEN Ambi lower from JSE for the yet to be delivered MATEN upper/handguard combo from Brownells. Had never bought from either J&G or JSE Surplus, but both were quick shippers. I hope their packaging is a notch or two above Brownells. I have 5 of the Mega Arms billet charging handles coming... just too hard to pass up @$22 each, delivered.

Similar situation for me. Heading later today to pickup 3 Mega Arms forged Gator lowers from JSG, for my uppers above, and my Mega Arms MATEN Ambi lower from JSE for the yet to be delivered MATEN upper/handguard combo from Brownells. Had never bought from either JSG or JSE Surplus, but both were quick shippers. I hope their packaging is a notch or two above Brownells. I have 5 of the Mega Arms billet charging handles coming... just too hard to pass up @$22 each, delivered.

where did you get the Mega CH's? I'd like to get one for that price!

BangBang BangBang - I'm holding off on barrel selection for the MATEN. I have a Troy 16" and a PSA 18" spare, so I may try those first, before looking elsewhere, since I also have Troy and PSA BCGs to match up. I found a 16" .308 Ballistic Advantage barrel for about $130 which might be a good option until I can find a Mega Arms barrel. I prefer to always match manufacturers between BCGs and barrels, so that means I would need to also source a BA BCG... too many decisions to be made!!

Brownells. Bought 5 to take advantage of a $10 off coupon and free shipping. If you can't find one at a decent deal, let me know, and I can send one your way.

Edit: As an FYI, these are for my 308 build, not AR15 builds.

Oh ok, I gotcha. I wanted to grab a couple of AR-15 spares. I have another build I want to do and then have one extra...

BangBang BangBang - I'm holding off on barrel selection for the MATEN. I have a Troy 16" and a PSA 18" spare, so I may try those first, before looking elsewhere, since I also have Troy and PSA BCGs to match up. I found a 16" .308 Ballistic Advantage barrel for about $130 which might be a good option until I can find a Mega Arms barrel. I prefer to always match manufacturers between BCGs and barrels, so that means I would need to also source a BA BCG... too many decisions to be made!!
I think my stuff is just going to go into the safe for the time being. I just wanted to go ahead and get all the Mega parts before they disappeared.

I’m already covered on 5.56 chambered AR’s and the Maten will have me covered on .308 when I eventually get it put together.

I’ll still be left with an extra forged AR15 upper/lower/CH set.

Eventually I’ll put it together as either a 300BLK or a 7.62x39

I like 300BLK for the parts commonality with 5.56, but a 7.62x39 would be nice for shooting cheap ammo.

That’s all way in the future anyway. Hopefully I’ll have time to wait for good deals to pop up here and there on parts before some kind of panic hits and prices go crazy.

I like the "300BLK and 7.62x39" options as well, almost like "brothers from a different mother" kind of swap, giving lots of options on calibers. I have both calibers that were picked up at decent prices. I really like the 7.62x39 for shooting cheap steel, but they do require a heavier strike than the other ARs. For me, having a few lowers with different trigger groups was nice for settling on the exact upper and lower pairings, especially with my 7" upper. Seems like all the dogs within a 2-mile radius respond when that 7" 7.62x39 barrel sounds off.

I like the "300BLK and 7.62x39" options as well, almost like "brothers from a different mother" kind of swap, giving lots of options on calibers. I have both calibers that were picked up at decent prices. I really like the 7.62x39 for shooting cheap steel, but they do require a heavier strike than the other ARs. For me, having a few lowers with different trigger groups was nice for settling on the exact upper and lower pairings, especially with my 7" upper. Seems like all the dogs within a 2-mile radius respond when that 7" 7.62x39 barrel sounds off.
Oh man, I bet 7.62x39 out of a 7” barrel is a fire breathing MONSTER!

If I decide to go with 7.62x39 it’ll be a 16” barrel. Mostly because I don’t want to mess with pistol braces or SBR stamps.

Back
Top Bottom