MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

Someone close time owns one. And whenever I hear it I just think about what a good time he's having. But I'm sure whoever it is has had to deal with the same thing before. But I assume the eventually the Peach Co S.O. got used to the haters calling in and told them its all legal and quit hating.

Your property, gun, and ammo? ****'em

Your neighbors and law enforcement should assume that your activities are legal. As long as you are shooting during hours that a loud stereo would be tolerated, your neighbors should mind their own business and law enforcement does not have a valid reason to approach you.
Oh you are absolutely right and I totally agree with you, but I was just wondering how many of you guys who own and shoot MG's get approached by LEO's regardless if we are within our rights to do so.

I can just envision the no knock warrant getting executed and me taking a few rounds to center mass if I had a legit 3 switch play toy in my back yard... but I'm a pessimist.

I agree with sending an e-mail to the local PD informing them of your stamp (maybe with a copy of said stamp scanned for the e-mail) so that if your neighbors do call in in a panic you get one officer knocking on your door asking politely how your doing and if you have a legal firearm and are shooting, rather than a swat team busting in your door for no good reason. At least thats what I do.. but I don't have enough money for new windows and siding on my house right now, so I don't really see an MG purchase in the foreseeable future :lol:

Just curious or taking a poll if any of you with registered machine guns has ever had the law called on you for reports of automatic fire? Such as dumping a few mags in your backyard or on private property. I have a M11 SMG pending and curious what I might expect when I receive my stamp and start dumping 30 round mags in the yard. I do quite a bit of shooting at the house and never had a problem with the neighbors calling for noise complaints before, but I wonder what they are going to think when they hear copious amounts of rounds expended in seconds.
Well I don't think that will be as common of an occurrence as you may think. At 1200 rounds per min will deplete your ammo supply pretty quickly. If you are really feeling stupid you can always order a Mac Jack for it and boost the cycle rate up to about 1500RPM (mini uzi speeds)

Uh-- yeah. The cops, SWAT, and the game warden that showed up suggested that next time we call them in advance...

Belt-feds engender quite a reaction from the neighbors.
And yes for two reasons... one so they don't tie up resources on a call like this (complainants can embellish the hell out of what's going on when they call) and two. they probably want to get in some trigger time on new toys

Your property, gun, and ammo? ****'em

Your neighbors and law enforcement should assume that your activities are legal. As long as you are shooting during hours that a loud stereo would be tolerated, your neighbors should mind their own business and law enforcement does not have a valid reason to approach you.

I'm glad someone else was thinking what I was thinking.

Uh-- yeah. The cops, SWAT, and the game warden that showed up suggested that next time we call them in advance...

Belt-feds engender quite a reaction from the neighbors.

Yeah they do. A friend of mine has a fully auto .30 cal and we were unloading that thing out near Yorkville one day. The Paulding county SO showed up but he was really cool about it, and of course when we offered to let the guy pop off a few he gladly accepted. Afterwards he was shaking when he climbed out of the back of my truck saying "oh God, that's the baddest gun I've ever shot!" I do believe he liked it.

Back
Top Bottom