• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

SA58junkie

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
22   0
Reaction score
Just curious or taking a poll if any of you with registered machine guns has ever had the law called on you for reports of automatic fire? Such as dumping a few mags in your backyard or on private property. I have a M11 SMG pending and curious what I might expect when I receive my stamp and start dumping 30 round mags in the yard. I do quite a bit of shooting at the house and never had a problem with the neighbors calling for noise complaints before, but I wonder what they are going to think when they hear copious amounts of rounds expended in seconds.

Last edited:
if you are legal so what? they will only call once and then the officer that responds will tell them you are not breaking any laws. You could preempt them calling the law that by inviting them over to dump a few mags from your new MG. Even if they refuse, they will then know that you have one.

A group email to all your neighbors and the police/sheriff's office telling the approx time and duration of the firing helps. Eventually they will get used to it. Question is will you get used to the dirty looks from your neighbors for being "that guy" on the block?

if you are legal so what? they will only call once and then the officer that responds will tell them you are not breaking any laws. You could preempt them calling the law that by inviting them over to dump a few mags from your new MG. Even if they refuse, they will then know that you have one.
I had this idea as well. I have a buddy in local law enforcement I could invite over and maybe bring some other deputies with him.

Your property, gun, and ammo? ****'em

Your neighbors and law enforcement should assume that your activities are legal. As long as you are shooting during hours that a loud stereo would be tolerated, your neighbors should mind their own business and law enforcement does not have a valid reason to approach you.

Back
Top Bottom