• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Miata - sell me your feminine car

Good luck on your quest.

Here is my Gay Miata
DSC_0402.JPG
DSC_0400.JPG

The 5.0 swap was developed in the early 90's by Flying Miata. They are still strong in business, but just the kit minus motor and trans is $7,500.

They now do turn key LS3/T56 cars for $50k. That's 535hp in a 2,400 lb car.

If you want to see the entire swap process, check out Toms Turbo Garage channel in YouTube. He has 13 episodes devoted to his Mazdaspeeds LS3 swap called Thunderbolt. That little Miata sounds great AND hauls some serious ass without loosing the much if any of the 50/50 weight distribution.

2008 Miata GT 6MT Galaxy Gray daily driver with 111k on it. Fun cars but not really good for long commutes or traveling.
No, but for my 9 mile drive to work and some track days, heck yes! I have 4 other cars and a motorcycle so I won't have to worry about taking on long commutes unles I wanted too.

I got mine from my Dad before he passed away years ago with 6600 miles on it. It's been a dependable car with acceptable gas mileage. If the motor ever gives up in it, I might look at doing one of the fun swaps and give it a little more power than 168hp. :) I will say that the insurance is cheap on it compared to the Honda Civic I had of the same year.

What stinks is the amount your going to dump into the car.
Because Miata racing is probably one of the most competitive areas there are.

Depending on your goals, I'd budget more for a Torson lsd 1.8 car to start with. If not your going to dump waaaay too much into the lsd and refresh of the old NA. You'd be happily surprised at how well car can handle with minimal effort. Not $8000 worth of suspension and bracing.

Back
Top Bottom