• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Midway IMI 62 grain 556 1200 rounds for $299

Still $.16/round. Lets say it takes an hour to produce the ammo, and you value your time @ $20/hr, it increases your cost to .24/round. Is it worth the penny / in savings to load? Now keep in mind, there is no way I could load that fast (maybe 50/hr, single stage press for me), and my time is worth more than $20/hr. .25/round for ANY 5.56 is a great deal, especially when I dont have to worry about how I have loaded it, or spent my time to do it.
And what's the price per round you'd value shooting 1 hole with 10 shots? Can you get that at .25 a round? If I can get that result at .25 who's money ahead? I'm also on a single. Mines a turret rcbs

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

And what's the price per round you'd value shooting 1 hole with 10 shots? Can you get that at .25 a round? If I can get that result at .25 who's money ahead? I'm also on a single. Mines a turret rcbs

Depends on the shooter and how anal you want to be. That's good accuracy, but higher than I can claim at any range with any ammo. 556 isn't my accuracy ammo, just my go to when I want to plink and not shoot the 30 cal stuff.

If you think it's a bad deal, sorry you wasted your time on the post. Seems the concensus is its a decent deal with no additional time or equipment cost.

Load ammo or give kids baths, or spray apple trees with fungicide....
You’ve got to MULTI TASK.

Strip the kids down naked and have them sit in the orchard reloading while you spray them and the trees with fungicide all at the same time.

THREE birds with one stone!

I will ask for the 3rd time. All that accuracy and cost is for m855 steel core ammo? Because if it is not, you example is spurios. We are not talking Ballistic Tips here.
Improve your trolling, padawan.

Back
Top Bottom