• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Midway IMI 62 grain 556 1200 rounds for $299

I'ma shoot 10 shots into 1 hole at 1900 yards. :laser:
I can shoot 11 shots at 1,901 yards into one hole, top that!:boink:
hqdefault.jpg

I mean let's look at some things.
Brass can be shot at least 8 times so that initial cost needs to be spread out.

You can buy 1k bullets for plinking at .08 each

7000 grains per pound. My loads are 27.0 grain. Cfe223 powder is 20$ which is .08 (.076 I rounded up) a shot.

Primers are 36$/1000 so .04 a shot

Brass 10$/500 but upward of 8 shots. So we'll leave it out as you can get it from factory ammo

So, 20 cents a shot. But you can cut that down with smaller powder charges.

And you can get .5 or less inch groups at 100 yards. And what price can you put on not worrying about ammo shortages? With better bullets ECT.

I'm the guy that shows up and says I can shoot .5" groups with loose stuff in an ammo can and shoot 500-1000 rounds all day while others come and go with way more $$ in ammo with crappier results.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You stepping up your trolling game, but that's not plinking ammo.
Not everybody reloads, can you even buy M855 bullets (demilled/pulled? Obama stopped demilled sales a while back).
Reloading works for you, great, that's not what this forum is for.
Stop hijacking and trolling, please

You stepping up your trolling game, but that's not plinking ammo.
Not everybody reloads, can you even buy M855 bullets (demilled/pulled? Obama stopped demilled sales a while back).
Reloading works for you, great, that's not what this forum is for.
Stop hijacking and trolling, please
Not hijacking nor trolling. You can buy ss109 bullets. You can do what ever. Sorry for having an opinion. I don't have to stay since I'm from Indiana.

I mean let's look at some things.
Brass can be shot at least 8 times so that initial cost needs to be spread out.

You can buy 1k bullets for plinking at .08 each

7000 grains per pound. My loads are 27.0 grain. Cfe223 powder is 20$ which is .08 (.076 I rounded up) a shot.

Primers are 36$/1000 so .04 a shot

Brass 10$/500 but upward of 8 shots. So we'll leave it out as you can get it from factory ammo

So, 20 cents a shot. But you can cut that down with smaller powder charges.

And you can get .5 or less inch groups at 100 yards. And what price can you put on not worrying about ammo shortages? With better bullets ECT.

I'm the guy that shows up and says I can shoot .5" groups with loose stuff in an ammo can and shoot 500-1000 rounds all day while others come and go with way more $$ in ammo with crappier results.

So 40 hours (at avg 100/hr) and 4,080 rounds later you break even after buying the $204 press . . . ( https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1013030967/rcbs-turret-press )
(that's figuring with .05/rd difference you came up with) . . . yeah, if it's your hobby that's great and all . . . but that's about it.

I'm the guy that shows up and says I can shoot .5" groups with loose stuff in an ammo can
^^ of that I have no doubt . . you sound very much like "that guy" . . .

;)

I see this thread has started circling the bowl. Why does every thread have to become "I can can shoot 1900 yards with ten rounds"? Really, you don't have to prove you are Billy Badass the first week you join. It's OK to just ease into the forum here.

I see this thread has started circling the bowl. Why does every thread have to become "I can can shoot 1900 yards with ten rounds"? Really, you don't have to prove you are Billy Badass the first week you join. It's OK to just ease into the forum here.
Did I miss type 100 yards

Back
Top Bottom