Mike Pappas fired from Silencerco

I bet they did not like his stance on customer service and warranty work. Betcha a can that they pull an AAC.

I am seriously afraid of that. I'm going to sit back at watch Silencerco before deciding on getting another can through them or SWR. Which kind of sucks because a saker would be a fun can to get eventually and the Spectre would also be nice to have a 2nd 22 can.

I am seriously afraid of that. I'm going to sit back at watch Silencerco before deciding on getting another can through them or SWR. Which kind of sucks because a saker would be a fun can to get eventually and the Spectre would also be nice to have a 2nd 22 can.
You got a CEO. You have an accountant. Then you have a guy spouting all over the internet that if you ever need your can cleaned or serviced just send it in ! Then you have a warehouse full of cans your servicing for free. Well free to the customer . Costs your company money. Accountants and greedy CEOs don't like that.

You got a CEO. You have an accountant. Then you have a guy spouting all over the internet that if you ever need your can cleaned or serviced just send it in ! Then you have a warehouse full of cans your servicing for free. Well free to the customer . Costs your company money. Accountants and greedy CEOs don't like that.

yea, but those guys forget that everyone would have still been riding the AAC silencer culture bandwagon had Pappas not helped define the company for what it is. Part of the problem was when Silencerco stopped dealing directly with dealers, apparently something Pappas found important.

Now with servicable suppressors I imagine few people send them in. I'm not even sure I'll ever send my Osprey in even though I shoot lead cast through it.

yea, but those guys forget that everyone would have still been riding the AAC silencer culture bandwagon had Pappas not helped define the company for what it is. Part of the problem was when Silencerco stopped dealing directly with dealers, apparently something Pappas found important.

Now with servicable suppressors I imagine few people send them in. I'm not even sure I'll ever send my Osprey in even though I shoot lead cast through it.

That's you. There are lots of idiots who will send their can in because its "too loud " or got "dirty" because they fired 1000 rounds.

You just summed up very nicely exactly what I was thinking..... I bet this is pretty close to reality.
Silencerco is Big business now. They have turned the corner from the trendy, cool start-up suppressor company to going big time Corporate USA. ( Deja Vu to AAC it seems )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom