Mildly disappointing day at the range.

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
Well, Not too bad but still not great. I took my Glock 20 with the 10MM barrel and my wife's new Kahr P380 out to the range.

The Glock shot perfectly in 45 ACP naturally and when I dropped in the 10 MM barrel it again shot perfectly. The only problem came when the last round shot. The 10MM magazines followers would not engage the slide stop. Tried it with 2 different magazines both shooting and racking by hand. So the conversion to 10 MM works but thew slide won't lock back after the last round. Mild disappointment but not killer..depending on the situation. LOL!

The Kahr P380 had a few issues. My wife had several FTE's which I think may have been caused by wrist control issues. I had no FTE's. The real problem was that both of us had light strikes. About 5 light strikes in a box of 50. Time to take it apart and see if I can find anything. If not, I guess I'll call Kahr tomorrow. Aside from the light strikes and the FTE's it shot great, was accurate(combat accurate that is) and felt recoil was more than comfortable. If the light strike issue can be handled quickly then another trip to the range to test the weak wrist theory and I tihnk it will be just fine.

Clean the firing pin Channel on the 380 and don't lube it. Was the ammo S&B? S&B has hard primers.

Will strip it down to the pin, look at and clean it. Looked at the pin strikes at the range and only the 5 had light dimpling. ALl others were strong and firm so hopefully it IS just foreign matter in the channel. Ammo was Remington 95 Grain FMJ.

Thanks

What kind of ammo? We find that some brands have very hard primers that just won't fire consistently on some guns. If you don't find anything wrong then change ammo and see if the problem goes away.

Will strip it down to the pin, look at and clean it. Looked at the pin strikes at the range and only the 5 had light dimpling. ALl others were strong and firm so hopefully it IS just foreign matter in the channel. Ammo was Remington 95 Grain FMJ.

Thanks

What kind of ammo? I used federal and never had an issue.

Remington 95 Grain FMJ from WalMart.

stripped it all the way down and everything looks fine. Cleaned it out with a Q-tip and reassembled dry. Will see. May try some other ammo if the next box of Remingtons gives troubles. I have 3 boxes so I have to use them up.

Thanks for the advice gents.

Back
Top Bottom