Mildly disappointing day at the range.

how many rounds down the kahr? gotta get em through the break in before they will run properly

That's a good question. I forgot about the break in since I got the gun used. Well, in a trade any way. Kahrs have such tight actions. When you rack the slide there's only 1-2 millimeters of over travel. I figured any weak wrist action would absorb enough recoil to keep the slide from hitting a full cycle.

Were the 10mm mags factory mags? If they were then Glock should replace em'. Don't know squat about Kahr pistols though.

Yeah the 10 mags are factory. I just got them from Midway USA. The followers are narrower than than those in the 45 mags. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with this but then it's not like the conversion is a Glock recommended conversion. While cleaning it I paid extra attention to the mags interaction with the slide stop since I had the slide off any way. The notch on the follower of the 10MM mags is just smaller and further center than in the 45 mags. I think I will read up some more on the different generation of followers and other peoples experience with converting from 45 to 10MM.

That would explain it, not sure what can be done other than what you said about looking at other generations of followers but Midway should have sent the newest version of mag because they usually sell out of Glock mags and reorder them pretty regularly.

Back
Top Bottom