• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Military/Law Enforcement Thread

m88dad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
I love reading all of the various threads on this site. There's a lot of good people sharing their experiences here. One thing I have noticed is a lot of LEO and Military, past and present, sharing pictures and stories in a few different threads. Now, I enjoy telling the tales of my downrange adventures and sharing my pictures as much as the next guy, but I don't want to start something and be out of line.

Is there already a forum for this sort of thing? If not does anyone have a problem with me starting one?

I'm not doing this to fish for complements or accolades. I didn't volunteer for this job to get pats on the back. But I know I like catching up with my old "Battles" and I love hearing the stories from my Father-In-Law, (Vietnam Vet) and my Grandfather, (Korean War Vet) and I'm betting some of you out there enjoy hearing (or reading) these stories as well.

Thanks,
Chris

I wonder if a current/past Military/LEO/Firefighter/EMS forum would get enough usage to be worthwhile. Or if the mere presence would upset the "civilians".

What timing. Just tonight my oldest son asked me about some stuff and I talked to him about real world things for the first time. Not saying I'd say a lot here, but good timing, m88dad.

Depends? What type of stories? Like the guy we chased high on gas that was naked and got caught in briars and barbed wire? Or my guy that knew who had a warrant from me and was caught danglin' from his tighty whities from his bathroom window...or the guy that didn't know I was doing a curfew check and answered the door and puked on me....we always have funny stories to share.

Depends? What type of stories? Like the guy we chased high on gas that was naked and got caught in briars and barbed wire? Or my guy that knew who had a warrant from me and was caught danglin' from his tighty whities from his bathroom window...or the guy that didn't know I was doing a curfew check and answered the door and puked on me....we always have funny stories to share.

I love it!!! All kinds. As long as they're true. I can't stand "One-uppers" who have to make up stories to feel like he's one of the group. I'm an Army mechanic. My stories aren't going to be as good as the Infantry or Marines, but I'm ok with that! Most of my stories are the wacky, what the hell were we doing and why are we still alive to laugh about it, kind.

I'd love to hear from all branches of the Military, Police, Firefighters... etc. Hell, if you got a kick ass copier got a paper jam at the office today story I feel your pain Brother! The last time I had a copier jam on me we took that piece of crap outside and ran over it with a tank!

I love reading all of the various threads on this site. There's a lot of good people sharing their experiences here. One thing I have noticed is a lot of LEO and Military, past and present, sharing pictures and stories in a few different threads. Now, I enjoy telling the tales of my downrange adventures and sharing my pictures as much as the next guy, but I don't want to start something and be out of line.

Is there already a forum for this sort of thing? If not does anyone have a problem with me starting one?

I'm not doing this to fish for complements or accolades. I didn't volunteer for this job to get pats on the back. But I know I like catching up with my old "Battles" and I love hearing the stories from my Father-In-Law, (Vietnam Vet) and my Grandfather, (Korean War Vet) and I'm betting some of you out there enjoy hearing (or reading) these stories as well.

Thanks,
Chris

I don't think we would need a totally new forum, but if you want to start a war stories thread or something like that you are more than welcome to. I would say either in General Discussion or the Chicken Soup forum for feel good stories.

I'm not opposed to creating a forum for it, I would just need to be convinced that it would get used first.

Hmmmmmm, I do like the idea of a forum called "War Stories," ..............Maybe we could start a forum for that, what does everyone think?

I can give a whole different perspective on LEO accounts...not your typical road cop storie but true meth head, falling through trailer floors, attacked by rooster, needled attack,
puked on, pee'd on, mommy daddy going crazy, and court room humor

Back
Top Bottom