• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Military/Law Enforcement Thread

True Tales of Military, Law Enforcement and Firefighters!

The thread is open! Feel free to contribute or just sit back and enjoy the ensuing chaos that comes with the territory!!!

I can donate.

I started to stop there, and stared at the keys for awhile, but here's a good start....
Panama: Have secured objective and am waiting (nervously) for what will come. After who knows how long and after hearing the rumblings in the distance and seeing the locals still going about their daily routines on the road, we are ordered to fall back to a friendly force and provide assistance for a move to the capitol. My spotter suddenly says "you see that!?" I scan at 175 heartbeats a minute and finally say "WHAT!?!?" He says "Those f'in Commie Chickens!" I'm not sure they were really communist, but they looked a little red and were dispatched as such.

I still feel bad about that 22 years later. I mean some farmer lets his chickens out of the coop in the morning and walks down the road at siesta time and finds a bunch of freakin feathers. I didn't feel bad at the time, but i didn't understand the economy and situation at the time. So. if the farmer is on here...Pm me a bill and I'll pay it. If PETA is on here..You shoulda seen the feathers fly, you whacko.

..3/75th Bravo two niner out. (call-sign changed to protect the innocent)

Yeah I support the thread. We all have stories new and old that are either cool, funny, or hard core. Not sure how the hard core stories would work out on here due to possibly kids reading (not really worried about anybody else being offended like the first guy said about civilians) Civilians should know what is going on. This would be free education and possibly therapy venting for the Heros. I believe in supporting others and people like to talk. Sounds like a cool idea

I can donate.

I started to stop there, and stared at the keys for awhile, but here's a good start....
Panama: Have secured objective and am waiting (nervously) for what will come. After who knows how long and after hearing the rumblings in the distance and seeing the locals still going about their daily routines on the road, we are ordered to fall back to a friendly force and provide assistance for a move to the capitol. My spotter suddenly says "you see that!?" I scan at 175 heartbeats a minute and finally say "WHAT!?!?" He says "Those f'in Commie Chickens!" I'm not sure they were really communist, but they looked a little red and were dispatched as such.

I still feel bad about that 22 years later. I mean some farmer lets his chickens out of the coop in the morning and walks down the road at siesta time and finds a bunch of freakin feathers. I didn't feel bad at the time, but i didn't understand the economy and situation at the time. So. if the farmer is on here...Pm me a bill and I'll pay it. If PETA is on here..You shoulda seen the feathers fly, you whacko.

..3/75th Bravo two niner out. (call-sign changed to protect the innocent)

Whats for dinner Ranger? :laugh:

I'm a Nam Vet, "67-68" 173rd Abn. Bge. Now that I am getting a bit older (64-soon to be 65) most of the sharp attitude edges have "some-what" softened up and I am just now starting to share a bit. For a long time, like most Nam vets, I was very bitter about my experience, especially after I got home. I also felt (and still do) extremly guilty for making it back when so many of my friends didn't, I spent my time in the bush over there....I just signed up with the VA this year if that gives you a hint about my feelings. cracker

Sitting at FOB Delta in Al Kut smoking cigars, drinking a bottle of jack, starring at my hand. I am holding a full house jacks and queens. A mortar lands about 20 yards away and puts a hole in one of my cards. I threw my cards down on the table and said "**** you guys you are playing with a marked deck!!"

Back
Top Bottom