• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Milsurp Service Rifle Competitions

madcow

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
97   0
Reaction score
Didn't know if this was the best place to post this or in the competition forum.

I shoot USPSA regularly and every time I pull my pistol from the safe, I see my swedish mausers and tell myself that I need to get them out and shoot them, but aside from just punching paper, it would be nice to shoot them competitively. Are there any clubs that shoot Milsurp rifle matches?

Do you think there would be any interest in matches shooting unmodified bolt action milsurps?
Say 10 rounds in 10 minutes at 100 yrs in the following positions:
Prone supported
Prone unsupported
Sitting
Kneeling
Standing

With some props, can add the following positions:
Left barricade
Right barricade
Over barricade

To answer 1 of your questions. Riverbend gun club is hosting the vintage rifle match Nov 18th. Every type of milsurp will be there. Totally amazing.

I think there is a huge demand for vintage / milsurp matches. I bet if a club hosted 1 per quarter it would be a hit.

Didn't know if this was the best place to post this or in the competition forum.

I shoot USPSA regularly and every time I pull my pistol from the safe, I see my swedish mausers and tell myself that I need to get them out and shoot them, but aside from just punching paper, it would be nice to shoot them competitively. Are there any clubs that shoot Milsurp rifle matches?

Do you think there would be any interest in matches shooting unmodified bolt action milsurps?
Say 10 rounds in 10 minutes at 100 yrs in the following positions:
Prone supported
Prone unsupported
Sitting
Kneeling
Standing

With some props, can add the following positions:
Left barricade
Right barricade
Over barricade

Id be interested. Maybe even assist as RO if it was fun and good people hosting it

I've been to the vintage rifle matches at Riverbend. They're popular and well-run, and a good value for the modest range fee. You don't have to be a RBGC member to it, or any other match, at Riverbend.

I'll check out Riverbends site and see what the rules are, won't be able to to make the 18th, but will make an effort to make the next one.

I just thought it would be fun to see competition between the old warhorse, nagants, mausers, enfields, 03a3s, cacanos, arisakas....., no mods, just as they were issued.

Back
Top Bottom