• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Min Post Count for Classifieds

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to have a min post count to sell an item. This has worked on other sites that I belong to and it keeps "fly by night" members from posting items for sell until they first introduce themselves and have a post count of 25 or more. This helps weed out scammers and those no looking to join longterm and soak up bandwith.
Whatch ya'll think

This is primarily a site for trading. I think it's fine to have members that only want to sell/trade. Their feedback will eventually speak for them. IMO, and all that.

I was wondering if there is a way to have a min post count to sell an item. This has worked on other sites that I belong to and it keeps "fly by night" members from posting items for sell until they first introduce themselves and have a post count of 25 or more. This helps weed out scammers and those no looking to join longterm and soak up bandwith.
Whatch ya'll think

No. The less rules, the better.

Also, this is The theoutdoorstrader. The whole thing is a classifieds forum. We just happen to have a discussion forum, too.

The whole reason I came here in the first place was to trade/sell. 25 post's before being able to make something in the classifieds will lead to a lot of BS posts....Well, more than normal. :)

That's funny. I tihnk exactly the opposite. We have so many people who talk, talk, talk and never buy/sell/trade. When you have 2000 posts and only 1 feedback I think maybe you oughtta shut up and do some business. But like WyldeDime said...the less rules the better.

Any way, it's worked pretty well for a year now. How bout we let it ride?

Besides, scammers don't wanna meet FTF with someone who they KNOW is going to be armed. And NOBODY here is going to mail money to someone with no feeback.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom