• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Min Post Count for Classifieds

I see the point and I to like the idea of joining to do "business", but recently someone (not here) but on another forum had been bitten twice by some noob that came and went. I dont have a feedback score yet, but if someone has a decent post shows that he/she is here for more than to push some product and move on. Either way Im fine, just saw that occured at another forum and noticed ODT doesnt have a limit so thought Id ask

Isn't this the EXCACT problem that lead so many away from GON forums....... this site is awesome, go start your own site and put stupid rules in place. Did you move to Georgia from somewhere else and then try to change it here so it would suit what you just left behind as well, that would just be swell.

I was wondering if there is a way to have a min post count to sell an item. This has worked on other sites that I belong to and it keeps "fly by night" members from posting items for sell until they first introduce themselves and have a post count of 25 or more. This helps weed out scammers and those no looking to join longterm and soak up bandwith.
Whatch ya'll think

Naw H E L L NO!

There is no point in requiring a post count. Deal face to face if you have concerns about the buyer or seller. Some of us don't have all day to post nonsense in every thread we come across.

Back
Top Bottom