• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Min Post Count for Classifieds

Eh, while feedback scores are very important, let's not forget about the little noob who hasn't been able to make a transaction yet, because he has no feedback. As more than 1 person has said, this is a wonderful site with alot of potential and the only way to make feedback, is to make transactions. If you are worried, meet face to face, and as far as shipping goes, do it like eBay; don't EVER ship anything that hasn't been paid for yet! That's just my 2 cents. As far as a post count... Nah

No more rules! If you don't want to buy from someone with less than 25 posts that's fine. What reason would there be to regulate someone else's choice to do so? There's been some good deals on here from people that don't want to post, they just want to sell their gun.

Another site I'm on tried this post count thing for about a week. One of the big problems was that new guys would dredge up tons of old, long dead threads and post one or two line comments just to get their post count up to the minimum. The post would be on topic so they wouldn't be accused of spamming, but it drowned out the current threads with irrelevant stuff. It got really frustrating real fast.

The point is, if you have a minimum post count to buy or sell new people are going to run up their count as fast as they can, however they can. Just something to consider.

I've got a novel Idea - You have to sell/buy something to get 100 posts then your cut off until you trade again. That would get the chitter-chatter out and get us some tradin' goin' on! :whoo:

I'd be happy with a requirement that you've actually read the very few rules before you can post in the classifieds. Something along the lines of the users agreement you have to click before using software etc.

If you click on the "I've read the rules" button then don't follow the rules your posting privileges in the classifieds are suspended for 3 weeks or something like that. This would apply to everyone not just newbs.

How about 1 post required. A post in which you introduce yourself and affirm that you understand the rules. Anything more than that will either A) make people spam the fool out of threads just to get their post count up - as others have stated, or B) turn people away who are just looking to post their guns for sale/trade.

Think of how many times we see a first post from somebody and it is a great weapon for sale at a decent price! Or people with just a few posts start putting their guns up for sale/trade. If there were excessive post requirements, those guys may not have stuck around to sell/trade here. Instead, they could just post on gunbroker or another site, and we'd have never had the opportunity to gawk at or purchase their sale items.

I say either leave it like it is, or at most, require ONE introduction post.

Back
Top Bottom