• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini fighter and mini cleaver set complete

You likely won't find scales like this on a website or anything. These are custom made by a buddy. If you're not on Instagram, do so. You'll find everything you need there through all the different people who make very custom stuff.

As far as a logo, all mine are laser marked. But I used to chemical etch (I.e. Etchomatic). I didnt find it to be consistent enough, but lots of makers use it everyday with great success.
Thank you for the info. I have looked at The etchomatic as but was unsure if it worked better than "jury rigged" set-up. I am not on instagram but my wife maybe. I will try it out.
Thanks again for the Info. I enjoy your work. It's motivational for a newbie. I am hand filing right now. Trying to justify a jump to a 2x72 ...... but better to learn the old slow way I guess.

Thank you for the info. I have looked at The etchomatic as but was unsure if it worked better than "jury rigged" set-up. I am not on instagram but my wife maybe. I will try it out.
Thanks again for the Info. I enjoy your work. It's motivational for a newbie. I am hand filing right now. Trying to justify a jump to a 2x72 ...... but better to learn the old slow way I guess.
If you're looking for a 2x72 on a budget, look at the Grizzly 2x72. Its definitely limited on options, but would peobably be a great entry level machine without spending $2k or more on a KMG (which I use), a Bader, Wilmont, or Wuertz ($3k plus).

Bowie/fighter is 52100 and the mini cleaver is 01. Both are stonewashed. Stabilized cholla scales. Maker's mark still needs to be etched and they need edges. But otherwise, complete.
View attachment 1296816 View attachment 1296817 View attachment 1296818

We have a name for a knife with no edge on it... :boink:
synspeed_spatula.jpg

j/k VERY COOL! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom