• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Minn. Farmer ‘Shocked’ After Horses Put Down By State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
After growing up in an area where it was not uncommon for horses to get loose,I have seen this many times. I imagine they could have resolved the situation quicker by contacting the owner before shooting the animal instead of after.

By the way, a Percheron can really crumple a Dodge Dakota when it is standing in the middle of a road. I saw that happen too. I just think they were a bit quick on pulling the trigger from the story.

How do we know though? Many hours could have passed. No telling.

Oh excuse me Mr. I'm in such a hurry that I can't slow my vehicle down to 5 miles per hour for a couple of hundred yards....something wrong with this world when people would rather shoot two horses than to slow a vehicle down because it's inconvenient. All kinds of semis and cars slow to a crawl on I-75 on a daily basis for absolutely NOTHING, but Minnesota must be different - I guess vehicles there automatically crash when an animal is on the highway. Oh, maybe State troopers there weren't trained to slow down traffic? They don't have blue lights, flash lights or flares? The animal does not know what is going on or that it is in a dangerous situation. You on the other hand was given a brain by GOD so you know how to press the brake pedal. If you think your time is so precious that 2 horses need to die so you won't be inconvenienced and ask others how much time they are willing to wait, that speaks a lot more about what kind of person you are - so you tell me how much time you are willing to spare Doc? Or will that take too much time away from your golf or tennis match?

If ATL PD can chase down a zebra in the middle of downtown connector with no cars crashing, why can't Minn. State Troopers deal with a couple of horses?

I notice you still refuse to offer an estimate of how long is long enough. You can't, can you?
I want to know a number from you.
This had nothing to do with convenience, but safety. These horses could have easily been killed by traffic, or just breaking a leg in unfamiliar territory IN THE DARK WITH BLUE LIGHTS FLASHING, SIRENS GOING, ETC. I had an uncle die from hitting a hog in the road one night - is that what you would prefer?
You make a lot of assumptions with no facts. Facts and action are required in this case. None of what you posted would have likely protected the animals anyway - as you noted they don't know what is going on and are just rambling around. You can stop the personal attacks as well, since you have no clue of who I am or what I believe.

I notice you still refuse to offer an estimate of how long is long enough. You can't, can you?
I want to know a number from you.
This had nothing to do with convenience, but safety. These horses could have easily been killed by traffic, or just breaking a leg in unfamiliar territory IN THE DARK WITH BLUE LIGHTS FLASHING, SIRENS GOING, ETC. I had an uncle die from hitting a hog in the road one night - is that what you would prefer?
You make a lot of assumptions with no facts. Facts and action are required in this case. None of what you posted would have likely protected the animals anyway - as you noted they don't know what is going on and are just rambling around. You can stop the personal attacks as well, since you have no clue of who I am or what I believe.

Read you own stuff Doc. You're the one that is making a whole bunch of assumptions that did not exist in the story. "These horses could have easily been killed by traffic, or just breaking a leg in unfamiliar territory IN THE DARK WITH BLUE LIGHTS FLASHING, SIRENS GOING" - THESE ARE NOT ASSUMPTION??? Sorry, but your uncle hitting a hog has nothing to do with this story, unless he hit it in front of a whole bunch of troopers with blue lights flashing. In which case, he was driving too fast for conditions. You refuse to understand that we humans can control our cars, or are you one of those that never slow down for anything? I am willing to wait a whole day to spare one horse and two to spare the life of two horses and the owner's grief. So far you are the only one that is in a hurry because of what - keeping you from golf, tennis, Dancing with Stars, five star dinner with your wife, your children from their McDonalds?
What pray tell in your life is that important? Really, it's not about convenience? You're the one who asked how much time one is willing to wait THREE TIMES as I recall. It is all about convenience, because if you stopped your vehicle, nobody and no animal gets hurt. Or do you not know how a brake pedal works? You won't spare some vacation time? If you are so caught up in this rat race that you can't stop your car for an hour so these horses can live, then you're already half as dead as those animals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom