• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Minn. Farmer ‘Shocked’ After Horses Put Down By State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't drive much at 2am, do you? There can be plenty of traffic. And since the horses were not standing still, they would have to bring all traffic to a dead stop, not "drive around it".
BTW - I did not see you answer how long a wait was proper. How many accidents and injuries would be appropriate to account for 2 horses running loose because the owner did not properly restrain them?
Common sense would tell you that firing a gun in the air would do absolutely no good at all. The horses were already running wild - you think this would help?
I don't like that it happened, just like I don't like seeing dogs get hit by cars, but this is the owner's fault in both cases.

Oh excuse me Mr. I'm in such a hurry that I can't slow my vehicle down to 5 miles per hour for a couple of hundred yards....something wrong with this world when people would rather shoot two horses than to slow a vehicle down because it's inconvenient. All kinds of semis and cars slow to a crawl on I-75 on a daily basis for absolutely NOTHING, but Minnesota must be different - I guess vehicles there automatically crash when an animal is on the highway. Oh, maybe State troopers there weren't trained to slow down traffic? They don't have blue lights, flash lights or flares? The animal does not know what is going on or that it is in a dangerous situation. You on the other hand was given a brain by GOD so you know how to press the brake pedal. If you think your time is so precious that 2 horses need to die so you won't be inconvenienced and ask others how much time they are willing to wait, that speaks a lot more about what kind of person you are - so you tell me how much time you are willing to spare Doc? Or will that take too much time away from your golf or tennis match?

If ATL PD can chase down a zebra in the middle of downtown connector with no cars crashing, why can't Minn. State Troopers deal with a couple of horses?

Last edited:
While im all for not killing animals but it seems here that they tried to grab the horses but they were about to cause a wreck. gun them sum bishes down and call it a day. Sure, they could have called animal control and get someone with a dart gun or some ****... lord knows how long that would take though.

While im all for not killing animals but it seems here that they tried to grab the horses but they were about to cause a wreck. gun them sum bishes down and call it a day. Sure, they could have called animal control and get someone with a dart gun or some ****... lord knows how long that would take though.

After growing up in an area where it was not uncommon for horses to get loose,I have seen this many times. I imagine they could have resolved the situation quicker by contacting the owner before shooting the animal instead of after.

By the way, a Percheron can really crumple a Dodge Dakota when it is standing in the middle of a road. I saw that happen too. I just think they were a bit quick on pulling the trigger from the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom