MKA 1919 Shotgun

I heard these were crap, please let us know the progress and torture test.
And you heard this from someone who also "heard" that it was crap?
Out of the box it functions well. I've now got about 1000 rds with no issues. While that's no torture test it's still pretty good to have no issues.

Nice pick up Lebowski. So you did end up getting one. xN model too.

I cut my stock off with a miter saw. One about half way, then at about 2" then just used a speed square to the rail to level it out. Then the final cut Just don't cut too much off. More is better the file as needed. I just got my tooth and nail trigger kit and put it on last week. Feels great but haven't Had a chance to shoot it. Don't forget to use heavy loads for break in.

I think I'm gonna wait for the Salem six hand guard. Looks pretty good and I want a 2 piece if I decide to cut the barrel and pin a brake on.

Don't forget the 922r stuff. Gunsumer has a great review on it with a lot of info. Post some pics

Here's the stuff you need to break down your 1919. Yeah... not quite as straight forward as an AR.

1919 tools.JPG

Pictured:
6mm hex bit on 3/8 driver with 10in extension
Stud extractor on 1/2 in driver
Phillips head
Flat head

Not pictured: hex/Allen wrench (to remove front sights)

Optional: hammer (to beat the stock off the receiver. No ****, this is what the manual recommends)

Got a shipping notification that my furniture is on the way. When I get it, I'll begin the bandsaw surgery.

Make sure you hold the bold open a little before you try to separate the upper and lower. You will break the feed ramp if you don't!

Firebird has a nice vid on YouTube

OK folks. Don't know if anyone still follows this thread, but my build is almost done. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight, along with a long winded post about what I've learned - good and bad.

I have to say, it looks pretty damn sweet!

In terms of function, I think it's better than a Saiga. In terms of how it looks, well she ain't the prettiest girl at the dance. But I'm going to make her beautiful...

I need to post up my pic of the tools required...

Let me know if you ever want to do a side by side comparison. I'll bring the S12 out for a fun range day.

Are you going to cut the stock off yourself? I was plannng on sending mine to Tooth and Nail for them to do it. Check out this part...http://centerfiresystems.com/mka-tac-choke.aspx

I have that. If I did it again I'd just go with a shark brake or something functional. This seems to be more for looks. I don't notice any difference when it's on.

I cut my stock with a miter saw. Straight forward just don't cut too much off

And yes pics!

Also interested in seeing the TN charging handle. I'm going to wait for the Salem6 hand guard because its a 2 peice. Once I figure what brake i'm gonna get I'm gonna have the barrel cut and permately attach the brake to get around 18.5" total.

I just installed the TN trigger a few weeks ago but haven't shot it yet. Feels good and solid.

Last edited:
I have that. If I did it again I'd just go with a shark brake or something functional. This seems to be more for looks. I don't notice any difference when it's on.

I cut my stock with a miter saw. Straight forward just don't cut too much off

you got any pics of yours? I ordered all my parts today to build mine out..

Back
Top Bottom