• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Modifying AR feed ramps for 7.62x39mm

I really appreciate it . I forgot I posted this asking and wish I had looked before I made a purchase night I bought a medium length adjustable gas block.i am seriously thinking about buying a 16" or 18" barrel and forgetting about the entire pistol thing but if I buy one of these hitman industries barrels will this gas block be ok as long as I get the correct gas tube? Also does anyone think I need to go ahead and get the H or H2 or should I wait and see if I can make what I have, work. I was making an attempt to polish the feed ramps Saturday night before I purchased the gas block but my gf was not having me messing with it so I had to give it up for the night/ early morning.. I almost want to purchase a bunch of **** and make one run great and attempt to build a second with the parts that didn't mesh in the first build 😂 but I'm aware I don't need to do this. Instead I'll put a little money into this 3" Springfield loaded series micro compact 45 acp 1911 I bought on here because it has an ejector that was broken completely in half and was held in place by al the dirt and debris since it's owners neglected the **** out of it. But I absolutely love this lil 1911 now. I settled for dragon scale walnut grips over wood caliper.com Turkish walnut and Holly checkered double diamond grips that after custom making them only cost 153! I' looked at some elder burl grips or whatever that were over 200!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1674922066743.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674922066743.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1674922046654.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674922046654.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221213_230509.jpg
    20221213_230509.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 6
I have built my first AR and decided to build it in 7.62x39😂 I decided to buy duramags, a 20 round and 30 round. Also bought a 75 round Korean drum 😬 . I bought your typical 556 AR-15 buffer weight and spring as well as a H3 and "extra" spring from right to bear which has the red on the of the spring. I grinded the mags and drum after cycling rounds by hand. My first test I used the heavy weight and spring. It wouldn't fire. Next I set it up with the original spring and H3 weight. it fired but sent the next round to hard 😬 leaving me to extract the live round in a more tedious situation 😂 I now have the lighter buffer weight in it and have not had time to test it this AR pistol is my gfs and I am going to get it running smooth before giving it to her she likes the side charging which is what started me on this path. I've never owned 7.62x39 everything I have is 5.56 . I will say it's been extremely fun hopefully it runs good! Ps I'm dumb for the angled iron sights on a side charging AR-15 . Be careful if you're level of genius is up there with mine😔
Holy dog ****!

I’ve never found all the adherence to very specific parts or adjustable gas blocks to be critical in building a reliable 7.62x39mm.

In most cases, I’ve found adjustable gas blocks to be a Band-Aid.

I’ve never found all the adherence to very specific parts or adjustable gas blocks to be critical in building a reliable 7.62x39mm.

In most cases, I’ve found adjustable gas blocks to be a Band-Aid.
Lol a band-aid, its over gas systems and running suppressed to keep from beating your gun to death! All gas guns will run smoother and more reliable when changing out ammo loads and running suppressor.

Lol a band-aid, its over gas systems and running suppressed to keep from beating your gun to death! All gas guns will run smoother and more reliable when changing out ammo loads and running suppressor.

No, not all. I said "In most cases......", not "In all cases......".

Also, there are ways to limit gas on a verified overgassed AR system without resorting to an adjustable gas block. Less expensive, simpler, easier, much more rugged ways. Ways that don't involve adding moving parts to the weapons.

I had to mod a .224 Valkyrie feed ramp in the same manner. The bullet would it the feed ramp and then solidly wedge into the slot for the bolt lug.

I was inspired to go that radical of a route after playing with a .350 Legend AR that had the same feed ramp design.

Customer is very happy, since the gun had never run more than 3 rounds in a row and had made a couple of trips back to the OEM.

I have built my first AR and decided to build it in 7.62x39😂 I decided to buy duramags, a 20 round and 30 round. Also bought a 75 round Korean drum 😬 . I bought your typical 556 AR-15 buffer weight and spring as well as a H3 and "extra" spring from right to bear which has the red on the of the spring. I grinded the mags and drum after cycling rounds by hand. My first test I used the heavy weight and spring. It wouldn't fire. Next I set it up with the original spring and H3 weight. it fired but sent the next round to hard 😬 leaving me to extract the live round in a more tedious situation 😂 I now have the lighter buffer weight in it and have not had time to test it this AR pistol is my gfs and I am going to get it running smooth before giving it to her she likes the side charging which is what started me on this path. I've never owned 7.62x39 everything I have is 5.56 . I will say it's been extremely fun hopefully it runs good! Ps I'm dumb for the angled iron sights on a side charging AR-15 . Be careful if you're level of genius is up there with mine😔
Bro, ew

Back
Top Bottom