• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

More G19 Love!!

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
So me and my fiance ran 250 rounds through the g19 today at th meet doing some basic 3 yard practice. as I get better and better with the g19 I'll step distances out, but I wanted to put it through a combat style run. Put up one of the ole masked men targets and threw it out there. Dropped the slide and nearly once I come up I can sight quickly and follow up shots with the pistol are awesome. Once that front sight levels out and calms down I can squeeze the trigger again and send a whopping 15 rounds down range in a 2" area quickly. Was able to get a couple bullseyes with it as well but damn, the follow up shots on this little 9mm 19 is a hell of a lot better than follow up shots with that 357 sig. Granted, I ate up a ****pot of ammo doing these runs on the pistol versus trying to hit the bullseye, but I needed to know that should I have to empty a mag into an intruder quickly I can do so accurately. As far as "spread" goes, if a 2" group at 3 yards equals about a 6" group at say, 7 yards that's spread enough for me to aim center mass and dump it. :) But all in all, I'm VERY pleased with the 19 still. Will be my gun for the upcoming intermediate pistol course and eventually the edc piece. She has 500 rounds through her outside of the factory all from me and my fiance and has now and has become the workhorse of the family. Once $$ is plentiful again I'll be getting me a rtf2 and giving up my gen 4, but until then this thing is earning its place.

G19 love. There's nothing like it.

I'll probably be unloading center of mass though. somehow I had a flyer while doing the headshot runs. That flyer in a real life situation could hit a little boy or an old lady, or my own family members, and as you increase distance group size increases so i'll be putting them all center mass in a true situation and then possibly a round or two to the head, but once again, I've learned the love for the front sight and shooting from reset

Did you shoot super tight groups?

Hehe, considering I maybe have 300 rounds through my 19 and was more playing than anything, I was getting 2" at 9'. Like I said, once the front sight stopped dipping back down i pulled the trigger. But I'm impressed by it and confident with it :)

Tonight I puns out that they ain't making od glocks anymore. This information Saddened me a lot because I wanted to buy another od 19. The one I have is my favorite handgun so I guess I'll have to settle for a black one or fork out some money for an overpriced used one....:(

So me and my fiance ran 250 rounds through the g19 today at th meet doing some basic 3 yard practice. as I get better and better with the g19 I'll step distances out, but I wanted to put it through a combat style run. Put up one of the ole masked men targets and threw it out there. Dropped the slide and nearly once I come up I can sight quickly and follow up shots with the pistol are awesome. Once that front sight levels out and calms down I can squeeze the trigger again and send a whopping 15 rounds down range in a 2" area quickly. Was able to get a couple bullseyes with it as well but damn, the follow up shots on this little 9mm 19 is a hell of a lot better than follow up shots with that 357 sig. Granted, I ate up a ****pot of ammo doing these runs on the pistol versus trying to hit the bullseye, but I needed to know that should I have to empty a mag into an intruder quickly I can do so accurately. As far as "spread" goes, if a 2" group at 3 yards equals about a 6" group at say, 7 yards that's spread enough for me to aim center mass and dump it. :) But all in all, I'm VERY pleased with the 19 still. Will be my gun for the upcoming intermediate pistol course and eventually the edc piece. She has 500 rounds through her outside of the factory all from me and my fiance and has now and has become the workhorse of the family. Once $$ is plentiful again I'll be getting me a rtf2 and giving up my gen 4, but until then this thing is earning its place.

One of the biggest mistakes I see over & over w/ shooters at that distance is taking entirely too much time to aim at close-up "combat/ close quarters" distances.

Time can be measured in milliseconds in a lethal force situation so taking three to five seconds or more to try to make a nice tight cloverleaf to impress your friends is probably not the best way to train for upclose fighting w/ a gun.

While accuracy is very important there is a difference between precision marksmanship & combat effective marksmanship.
As Jeff Cooper said," Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas"..... or Accuracy, Power, Speed.
All three need to be proportionally balanced to use a firearm in self-defense.
While we are responsible for every bullet that leaves the barrel, at that distance (w/ the right ammo) the best backstop is the "bad guy" and a decent shooter should be able to index the rounds into the "threats" c.o.m. quite easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom