• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More nails in the coffin? US hits legal limits of its debts

The Republicans have no stand out front runner yet. This is an opportunity to find and promote a candidate that can win and will use the office to get the hard job done. The first step is to find them. Paul Ryan is the one we need, but WE have to convince him to run.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/05/paul-ryan-budget-analysis-numbers_n_844946.html

Do you still suscribe to Voting works?
I believe every Presidential election is predetermined.
Just my own opinion though.

It's hard to get too worked up over it as there is absolutely nothing that I, personally, am able to do about it. I understand some of the big picture ramifications, but it's not something that us little people have any control over. Whether we hit the ceiling or not, whether we go into default or not...I still have to get up in the morning and go to work, deal with the sick kids, etc.

This is so ^^^ True to a point. But then at the end of the Day we still have to look to what the Future holds for us, our children and Our Country. It's hard to keep focused on Voting, when time after time We're sold the same old Bill of goods. The Professonal Politicians Promise the World to get Elected then their right back to the same, Back Room Deals, Special Intrest Lobbyists and Politics as usual, Grow the Government, protect Their Jobs and Screw the People. That is how Barrack Hussein Obama got elected, he sold the Hope & Change (of course he lied his A$$ off) and knew that people are so DESPERATE for CHANGE they were willing to elect the Devil if it would help, and that's Darn near what we got. I would venture to say we have the MOST CORRUPT GOVERNMENT in Our History right this minute. These people could care less what you and I want, and the only Hope is to keep on Voting until we can Change them all. This Country needs a President the likes of what we've not seen in a Long Time. Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, T.Roosevelt, Kennedy, and Reagan to name a few. These Presidents stepped on alot of toes but they LED this Country through tough times. We need a Strong one Now.

Last edited:

I don't think that hyperinflation is closer as a result of hitting the debt limit, but as a result of the profligate spending in Washington, the Fed's "Quantitative Easing" and the fact that there aren't enough adults in D.C. with a backbone to tell the takers that everyone needs to do more taking care of themselves and their families rather than relying on Congress (to either take from others or print more money) to 'take care of them'.

Personally I am weary of the hyperventilating talking heads saying that the U.S. will default if we don't raise the debt limit. This is unadulterated B.S., and the American people need to turn off American Idol for a few minutes and pay attention to adult issues. If we can't borrow more money, it simply means that you pay your bills first, and you must make some painful cuts in spending elsewhere- including some popular programs. This is not a default.

I don't think that hyperinflation is closer as a result of hitting the debt limit, but as a result of the profligate spending in Washington, the Fed's "Quantitative Easing" and the fact that there aren't enough adults in D.C. with a backbone to tell the takers that everyone needs to do more taking care of themselves and their families rather than relying on Congress (to either take from others or print more money) to 'take care of them'.

Personally I am weary of the hyperventilating talking heads saying that the U.S. will default if we don't raise the debt limit. This is unadulterated B.S., and the American people need to turn off American Idol for a few minutes and pay attention to adult issues. If we can't borrow more money, it simply means that you pay your bills first, and you must make some painful cuts in spending elsewhere- including some popular programs. This is not a default.

^^^^^^^^ This x 100 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll second that!

I agree, it seems that regardless who or how many candidates are running for president, it's whom ever the media is behind. Therefore publishing crap on the candidate that is disliked, and wouldn't dare publish anything unpleasant about whatever dog they may be told to support in the fight.
Something to ponder. If you think our government is corrupt; who do you think counts the votes?

viva revolution

I seriously hope you're wrong. If you're not, then we can only hope that whoever is rigging them does not want to destroy our country. As it stands, voting is the only option. It costs me nothing to vote and if it's not rigged then my vote and activism supporting of a candidate counts. If it is rigged, then voting does me no harm.

There is something you are overlooking here. You are assuming that if we can't borrow more money then we will pay our bills first. Unfortunately, it has not worked that way for a long time. Because the dollar is the base for the International Monetary Fund we have the option to simply print more money. We know this is a very bad idea and will cause inflation, but as long as that option is on the table we will do it. This will cause a slow devaluation of the dollar and gradual inflation. The issue is that we are in such poor financial shape that it is now a very likely possibility that we will lose our position in the IMF as the dollar being the base currency. There are already powerful countries calling for that. If this happens the value of the dollar will plummet overnight and that is when we will see hyperinflation. We have to prevent that to have any chance of getting past this crisis.

If we do not put people in office that are really going to go after this problem then the rest of the world will eventually lose patients and drop the dollar from the IMF. I'm not a Trump supporter, but I will use something that happened to him to illustrate this. A couple of decades ago Trump was in serious trouble. He was over a hundred of million dollars in debt and the debts were due. He was unable to make the payments. If the banks had thought that he was unable to pull out of it they would have foreclosed on his properties, taken some loss and walked away. As it was, they did think he could recover and because of that they literally had hundreds of people working to figure out how to restructure the loans to save him. They did it because they had faith in him. If we don't get the right people in office in the 2012 election, there is a strong possibility that we will lose the faith of the international financial community and that is when they dump the dollar from the IMF and we are screwed. If they do that the U.S. will turn into third world country almost overnight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom