More Taxation

I absolutely hate politicians. All of them.
iu

Agreed!!!

It's nothing new. Ebay collects sales tax on new or used items sold by individuals. States have been trying to collect taxes on internet sales for years.

GB is a great site to reach a larger market if you're so inclined. Used them for years before discovering ODT.

I have to say, as a private citizen, doing private sale, I think GB is wrong on this. I hope they see the error of their way and rectify it. Seems it should only apply to a retail operation.

The language of this "Facilitator law" ( here in the South, "Facilly-tator") makes it sound like states are going after every penny they perceive they are missing? And yet the law appears to be a federal one, but reaches down to either help the states gain more revenue, or possibly there is something in it for the Fed as well?

Here's what ebay does:

"If you sell to buyers in the US, some states may require you to collect applicable Internet Sales Tax on your transactions. As of April 1, 2020 a total of 40 jurisdictions require the collection of sales tax. In such cases, eBay collects and remits Internet Sales Tax on your behalf."

It's nothing new. Ebay collects sales tax on new or used items sold by individuals. States have been trying to collect taxes on internet sales for years.

GB is a great site to reach a larger market if you're so inclined. Used them for years before discovering ODT.
Oh yes... I remember the glory days when the internet was a tax haven when I was probably 13

I have to say, as a private citizen, doing private sale, I think GB is wrong on this. I hope they see the error of their way and rectify it. Seems it should only apply to a retail operation.

The language of this "Facilitator law" ( here in the South, "Facilly-tator") makes it sound like states are going after every penny they perceive they are missing? And yet the law appears to be a federal one, but reaches down to either help the states gain more revenue, or possibly there is something in it for the Fed as well?
It is a federal law. It passed last year and started Jan 1. Eventually, everything on the internet will be taxed and the money remitted back to the state that the shipment was delivered to I was surprised by the short list of states Gunbroker is going to collect from. I would have thought every state would have been in the list.

Sent from my GTKing PRO using Tapatalk

"Casual sales" (used items between private parties) do not require sales tax to be collected in Georgia.

To that extent what GB and Fleabay are doing is an overreach.

The federal law on allowed states to collect sales tax. Our small government, low tax Republican state gov't immediately jumped on that to impose a tax on millions of transactions that have nothing to do with the state of Georgia.

You should notice that you haven't heard Georgia Republicans talking much about lower taxes lately, what with the gas tax increase, the sales tax on private sales of vehicles, the internet taxes.

"Casual sales" (used items between private parties) do not require sales tax to be collected in Georgia.

To that extent what GB and Fleabay are doing is an overreach.

The federal law on allowed states to collect sales tax. Our small government, low tax Republican state gov't immediately jumped on that to impose a tax on millions of transactions that have nothing to do with the state of Georgia.

You should notice that you haven't heard Georgia Republicans talking much about lower taxes lately, what with the gas tax increase, the sales tax on private sales of vehicles, the internet taxes.

Spot on. There were a couple sneaky automobile bills and the big cash haul bill for taxing online transactions. All money grab and special interest bills. All done by Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom