• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mossberg 500 Tactical with new Blackhawk SpecOps Gen II recoil reducer...WOW!!!

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I am new to the shotgun world, and recently bought a Mossberg 500 off the ODT here. I went to my local range last weekend to finally try out my gun after putting a new Blackhawk Knoxx Specops stock, but it was too crowded, so I hung around for 10 minutes and watched a father and two teenage boys fire off a few rounds each from their Mossberg 500. It seemed like they had a basic stock on their gun. After watching each teenage boy shoot, both of their reactions were the same...immense shoulder pain from the kick of the gun. I was hoping I would not have the same reaction upon shooting my new gun for the first time.

Well I finally made it today, getting there as soon as the range opened up. Again, I put the 85% reducing recoil stock on this Mossberg. I fully expected it to have some type of painful kick, and expected the worst the first time I pulled the trigger. Well, I am extremely please to say, I felt almost no kick. It was as if I was not even shooting a 12 gauge shotgun. I have shot friends' shotguns before, and the kick made me not want to get one. I have to hand it to Blackhawk for hitting a homerun, in my eyes, on almost completely reducing the recoil to a totally manageable gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom