• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Most overused term on ODT? (cause sometimes kicking a dead horse is good for laughs)

I will go with two:

"GLWS" and "Testing the waters"

Aside from what has already been mentioned, "GLWS" also seems to mean that since I'm wishing you 'luck' then I can say what ever the Hell I want to about your item and your Ad.

This is my #1 issue with the ODT or (TOT) because there is no moderation on comments. In other forums, such as HKPRO, comments on Ads are not allowed and neither are "testing the waters" posts. To me, this is where the "PRO" comes in with HKPRO.

Overall the Outdoors Trader is GREAT, but I really despise someone commenting on another's Ad when they are not interested in buying. It is really juvenile. However, it does have a certain entertainment value....lol.

That's my one and only rant since being a member from the old Ga ODT and now this one. I will now resume my normal activities.

Not being able to comment or see comments and then eventually a fee to post ads was the reason (correct me if I am wrong) most of the early ODT members left GON.

Not being able to comment or see comments and then eventually a fee to post ads was the reason (correct me if I am wrong) most of the early ODT members left GON.

I don't recall not being able to see comments... but they did shut down the classified section....for a few months... then when it came back, they charged for listing....

GLWS - you think its priced wrong but don't want an infraction by saying it.

Custom - you bubba'd your gun and want to dump it.

Testing the waters - looking for a noob that will pay the silly price you're asking.

Ultimate - you're including an Uncle Mikes holster with your gun so it's now worth double retail.

Last edited:
GLWS - you think its priced wrong but don't want an infraction by saying it.

Custom - you bubba'd your gun and want to dump it.

Testing the waters - looking for a noob that will pay the silly price you're asking.

Ultimate - you're including an Uncle Mikes holster with your gun so it's now worth double retail.

That made me laugh like an idiot in the car line picking up my girls from school.. lol

That made me laugh like an idiot in the car line picking up my girls from school.. lol

Happy to be of service. I've been trading guns on GON and here for a long time (had 64 feedbacks on the old GON) so these terms have special meaning to me...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom